Low sugar symptoms?

Options
kristafb
kristafb Posts: 770 Member
Anyone else having symptoms of low sugar? I've been sort of dizzy, sweaty, light-headed, especially when I have a lower carb day, The higher my fat grams are the more I have these symptoms. THey're not horrible, just sort of a slight dizziness.

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Have you checked your blood sugar? I'd try checking it throughout the day (fasting, after food, after exercise, etc.) to see how it's trending.
  • cchild2
    cchild2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Also, make sure you are getting enough salt/potassium.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I was, after almost falling off the roof I started adding lemon juice to my water fixed the issue for me. I also take a bag of nuts with me now as they travel pretty well and can give me a boost if I need it so far the lemon juice is all I have needed.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I was feeling that way, but it turned out I had low blood pressure. Do you have something to take your blood sugar and vitals at home? Salt and potassium do a whole lot to make those issues go away if they're not from low sugar. Meters and cuffs are relatively inexpensive, since they're long lasting and your health is important.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with low sodium and not low sugar as the first, most obvious culprit. I feel the way OP described on occasion. I have a big cup of broth or a slice or two of bacon and feel better almost immediately!
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    Light salt with both sodium and pottassium usually helps me when I get dizzy. I don't bother about it much though.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I have been adding salt to everything but perhaps I need more. Also I started taking a potassium supplement regularly after I started tracking it and found I was barely getting a 3rd of the daily requirements and getting horrendous charley horse like cramps in my legs and torso. Hopefully these 2 things will help with this dizzy feeling soon.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Magnesium will help your cramps. You need a balance of Sodium/Potassium/Magnesium. Get some bone broth on with added "lite" salt :)