Early? Over due? On time?

Options
acook1679
acook1679 Posts: 30 Member
I was just wondering of the moms on here how close to your due date did you deliver? Obviously not for first time moms, I'm sorry. Just food for my thought!

Replies

• miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    First baby - 3 days late.
    Second baby - 2 weeks, 3 days early.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    First baby: 5 days late.
    Getting the feeling this little guy is gonna be late too, we will see.
  • HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Baby #1 - 5 days early
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I was one of those very lucky mamas :-) He was born on his due date. I have a feeling I wont get that lucky this 2nd time around. LOL!
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I had a (scheduled) C-section 2 days early. Baby never dropped and I was showing no signs of progress so we went with it. By doing it on a Wednesday I was home Friday and was able to attend a family party over the weekend, so I was pleased with the way it worked out.

Baby measured about 2 weeks ahead from the very beginning. If it wasn't an IVF baby we would've no doubt had a different due date based on the early ultrasound.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    1st baby - 10 days late
    2nd baby - 12 days late and induced
    3rd baby - 11 days late

My kids don't do punctual!
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Delivered...
    1st @ 40+1 weeks
    2nd @ 40+4 weeks
    3rd @ 39+5 weeks
    4th @ 41 weeks
    5th @ 40+5 weeks
  • meggwyn
    meggwyn Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    First: 41 weeks-induced
    Second: 38 +5-induced for stupid reasons

I'm sure my second would have been late if I wasn't induced. I'm going to assume the third one will come after 40 weeks, too! :) No inductions this time around! ;)
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I was induced at nearly 42 weeks with my first, and ended up with an emergency c-section.

I am trying for a VBAC with this one, but if I go overdue, they will likely recommend a c-section again.
  • acook1679
    Options
    Thanks everyone:) How varied were these results. I am keeping my fingers crossed this one comes early, my husband travels for work and I so want him there with me.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    My first was 10 days overdue and a c section after failed induction. My second was exactly 42 weeks and spontaneous labor. My third was just about 40'werks. He wouldn't drop/turn so labored in the hospital for three and a half days with some interventions before everything fell into place and he came out. I was surprised by that last one. I was actually at work with my water broken, having contractions, going nah, this can't be it. Too early!

Good luck!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    My first was 10 days overdue and a c section after failed induction. My second was exactly 42 weeks and spontaneous labor. My third was just about 40'werks. He wouldn't drop/turn so labored in the hospital for three and a half days with some interventions before everything fell into place and he came out. I was surprised by that last one. I was actually at work with my water broken, having contractions, going nah, this can't be it. Too early!

Good luck!

I did the same! I was only 37 1/2 weeks with my second and since I was late with the first, I thought it couldn't be. But then labor came on really quickly for me. Water broke around 2:30 AM (at least that's when I started to suspect) and he was born at 9:45 AM. He was born less than 2 hour after we got to the hospital.
  • kalyrra
    kalyrra Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    My first was 2 weeks 3 days early.
  • justinskitty
    justinskitty Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My son was 3 days late. I'm pretty sure he was actually later because he was 9.12lbs and had passed meconium already. I'm hoping this one comes a bit earlier lol.
  • hiba_84
    hiba_84 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My first came exactly on his due date. I don't know how it will be like this time around.
  • kcasey155
    kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
    Options

Good luck!

I did the same! I was only 37 1/2 weeks with my second and since I was late with the first, I thought it couldn't be. But then labor came on really quickly for me. Water broke around 2:30 AM (at least that's when I started to suspect) and he was born at 9:45 AM. He was born less than 2 hour after we got to the hospital.
    Ha! With my third I was in the hospital about 25 minutes before he arrived. I just kinda threw my notes in the direction of the midwife and asked for the entonox. Never caught that midwife's name nor do I remember what she looked like even.
  • TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I was five weeks early this time around, they had to deliver her via C-Section because she was anemic and there were some other complications.
  • acook1679
    Options
    The most recent posts seem to be ladies going earlier than their due dates. For those of you who went over:( My son, my first was over by 4 days and he weighed 9lbs 12oz and was 22 inches long if he went any longer in there I think a toddler would have come out. Ha Ha!
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options

Good luck!

Ha! With my third I was in the hospital about 25 minutes before he arrived. I just kinda threw my notes in the direction of the midwife and asked for the entonox. Never caught that midwife's name nor do I remember what she looked like even.

That's what my second was like, which is why we booked to the hosp when contractions started with the third. Nope!!!
  • nllontop
    nllontop Posts: 4
    Options
    My first was 2 weeks late. Hoping this one comes on time!