Day 2 - And Counting Down

Options
KreeativeKat
KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
I've planned today's menus so that I'm not caught short and grab something out of the 'fridge. Hubby's been away on business this week so it's been easy to stick to healthy eating. When he arrives home tomorrow the challenge will start - do I make him a 'Welcome Home' dinner?. If so I'm going to have to make mine a really small plateful. My biggest problem is portion control.

Replies

• CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Not feeling all that well.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have been making meals from skinnytaste.com, most of the meals are the same types of meals my family has always eaten. They are just healther version. I have found they don't even know the difference unless they see me prepare the food or ask. Other times they are like don't ever fix that again. lol

The hardes part of this journey for me is planning my meals. I think i am eating enough calories, once you subtract the exercise calories. I am learning a lot by trial and error, which can be good because it is helping me stay on track.

I did get off track yesterday with my exercise goal. My body was so tried and just wanted sleep. I had been pushing myself to stay focus and get exercise in with less sleep for the last two week. It has finally caught up to me. I am determine to get back on track tonight.
  • LaurenBG2013
    Options
    I have been using the following website. You get more than enough calories, and I found clean eating was cheaper than the groceries I was already buying. They have an entire section on meal planning, and even have seasonal options.

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/

And don't get discouraged, sometimes your body just needs sleep!
  • naj609
    naj609 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Midafternoon I learned my daughters baseball game was moved to a different city, we didn't have time to prepare & we'd never been there before. I'm not kidding the ONLY restaurant in town was Jack in the box! Frustrating, but it's ok, I'm back to it today!
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Everyone, thanks for sharing the clean eating links.

I also have been looking up eating clean and recipe ideas. There are really a lot of ways to eat clean and still stay full and not just boring food either.

Anyway, it gets our creative side going :-)

My challenge is always the weekend so I'm trying to preplan as much as possible.

Have a great weekend everyone.