Choosing vendors

Options
Showgirlbody
Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
I am getting married Feb 28, 2015. I got engaged in November and of course got crazy doing all kinds of research. I'm trying to find what an average price is for each vendor so that I can have a realistic budget, and narrowing down choices based on reviews, etc. So just when I think I have the top 3 in coordinators, photographers, DJs then I start meeting people and they hand me a contract and I realize if I want to choose one I need a deposit. Doh! So being ahead of the game when you and your fiancé have not had a chance to make the savings happen is frustrating. There are a lot of choices in the Los Angeles area, but the best of some of course will book up far in advance.

How far are you all choosing vendors? Did you already have the money for the deposits far in advance? My parents are paying for the reception so they put the deposit for the venue, but the other stuff is on us and we don't readily have the money to write checks for 50% of each vendor fee as that is usually $800-$1000 a pop for half

Replies

• Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    We didn't need any deposit for our photographer, videographer or band. Other suppliers were only 50 pound or so ($100) regardless of their actual costs.

I'm sure some would let you pay in instalments if you asked. You want them booked & they want the work, they only want big deposits so people won't cancel them without good reason.

Best of luck!