New to the group and surgery on Tuesday!

Options
So I'm new to the group and I have surgery on Tuesday I'm super nervous! any tips for after? I stocked up on a lot of different proteins - Isopure Zero and a couple powders that i currently like and some chicken broth and jello. told the BF we are scrubbing the house clean on Monday so I can relax in a clean house- I tend to get a little OCD on cleaning and figured scrubbing floors a day out of surgery wouldn't be wise but it would drive me crazy. How long were some of you out of work? got a bunch of video games for downtime too :) since all my friends and bf will be working...

Replies

• Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I got out of hospital Friday and went to work Monday. But I have a sedentary job and the freedom of stocking our fridge at work for my needs. I can also drink at my desk. I was exhausted, but better off at work than staring at my kitchen. Much easier to deal with post surgery cravings if I am occupied. Good luck
  • pattycakes726
    pattycakes726 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I stayed home for two weeks. I had minimal pain but I was very tired. It sounds like you're well stocked. Chicken broth was a lifesaver for me in the first week. I had trouble with the milky protein shakes, but Isopure and Syntrax Nectar went down well. Be sure to check in and let us know how you're doing. Best of luck!
  • teachren
    teachren Posts: 78
    Options
    Welcome...and good luck on Tuesday. :-)

It sounds like you have things under control. I stayed home for a week after I returned from surgery and it was enough time. I was going a bit stir crazy by the end of it. I teach little squirts so I figured I'd better stay home just while I was still "tender" as they tend to be all over me.

I think it really depends on how you come through the surgery and how active your job is. You'll know when it's time to go back. For me...I am just used to being busy so I needed to get back to school to take my mind off things.
  • shoerack45
    shoerack45 Posts: 30
    Options
    Mine is on Monday! I look forward to sharing this experience.
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you next week! Keep us up to date!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Wishing you both the best with your surgery and post-surgery recoveries. I look forward to following your posts as your vsg journey begins. :flowerforyou:
  • reaora
    reaora Posts: 1
    Options
    My vsg is 04/06. Just started my pre-op diet. So nervous and exited...
  • shoerack45
    Options
    Hello, I had my surgery yesterday. I must say, my stomach hurts more than I expected it to. It is just one day out and I would never deter anyone, but I was surprised by the pain.
  • CJ138
    CJ138 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for the support all! Surgery was bright and early this morning all went well! Sucked the first couple hours but in feel fine now just a little sore on my stomach looking forward to going home tomorrow!
  • shoerack45
    Options
    Good luck! Popsicles are really helping me!
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had mine a week ago today, and got out of the hospital on Saturday. But I have other issues, diabetes and dialysis, so icu for a few days, I felt pretty solid on Monday, Good luck to you keep us informed :smile:
  • CJ138
    CJ138 Posts: 5
    Options
    Same for me way easier to just let it melt in the mouth . It hard to get the super salt broths they are giving down. When are you getting out of the hospital or you already out?