Ready to heal myself from BED, I have to do this...

Options
Hi,

My name is Lyn and I've been experiencing Hell on Earth with my Binge Eating Disorder. I cannot take it anymore. I feel like I've been trapped in a vicious, cruel, torturous cycle. I'm turning 28 later this month, and this all started when I was 14 and my parents divorced; I turned to food. Since, on and off for the past 13 1/2 years, I have battled BED. The sickest thing to me is that I'm at a point where it's just automatic, I don't even want to be doing it. I'm scared, and there's not much I wouldn't give for this to end.

So, I told myself, "hey, let's just try to tackle this week." I have a bad habit of thinking 100 steps ahead of myself (and also wishing I could jump 100 steps ahead of the game overnight).

I just want to feel self-confident again, and healthy. I want to stop attacking my body. I want to stop the yo-yo that has been the last 14 years of my life. I don't want to lose another 14 years.

Does anyone want to be my friend and talk on here? Support one another? That would mean so much.

I wish everyone all the best of luck, and I'm always happy to talk and offer support in whatever way I possibly can.

<3 lyn

Replies

• icandoit_resa
    Options
    I can completely relate. I've been battling BED for most of my life as well and it disgusts me that I cannot break the cycle. I am trying to start taking it a day a time, a meal at a time if I have to. I don't have a lot of support offline that I can honestly explain what is going on to so I turn here to get it. Feel free to add me and we can get through this together.
  • MVH26
    MVH26 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'd love to have some support as well.
    I'm trying to lose weight, and I work out 3-4 times a week with really intense workouts, only to see no movement on the scale because I'm too busy sucuming to my BEDs. Its been completely out of control too. I can't just say "we are going to try not to overeat - 5 minutes later I'm eating so much food its enough for two grown men. I'll be full, but the feeling of having XXXX on my tongue is too much.

I've done virtual meetings of OA, but lately, I just feel the need to combat this head on. I'm going to my first OA meeting next week (scheduling kept me from going this week). Other then that I dont know what else to do.