Hi I walk already

Options
HealthFitNow
HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
Hi
I am trying to come back to health by walking.
I have been walking an average of 30 min. daily but I look forward to the mutual motivation and accountability.
Sometimes, with my injury, I need to use a rebounder 'walking' but I can still do 30 min.
Lynne

Replies

• kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Me too! I used to love to walk every day - up to an hour. But life got tricky and now it's 104 degrees outside and I lost my pedometer and and and! I'm picking up a new one (I like the feed back) and will start back in today. 30 minutes is pretty easy if you break it down into chunks.
  • SarahLou2990
    SarahLou2990 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I think this is a really good idea =]

I don't go walking outside much I suffer with severe depression and anxiety and find it really hard to get out. I'm also very conscious of the way I look and this makes it even more difficult to contempate going out. I already do exercise, but would like to add this in too =D I'll start on Monday.
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have not yet walked today. I got up and was going to go when it was early but family members had things they needed done and I let myself be distracted. So...My commitment is...I am going to walk tonight. I will put my fitbit on for the first time in a month and I will get at least 30 minutes of walking in. Thank you for being here to be accountable to.
  • amrelmesery
    amrelmesery Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    hi ppl
    i am new here :D
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    hi, i used to walk before. i came to moms home on vacation. so i vl start frm tomorrow for 30min daily.
  • kalmf
    Options
    Marching in place while you're on the phone counts! Stepping while you brush your teeth counts! Chasing a possum out of your house with a broom counts!
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am a prolific walker, my problem is that since Feb I have lost the same 5lbs so many times because of my eating.
    Just this past week, I decided to hunker down and get to goal once and for all.

This challenge is indeed what I need.
    I walk 9.4miles daily. I walkcommute 4.7miles to work and when I get home I do it again after dinner.
    I am on vacation till the 1st of July at the moment, and started walking at a national park near me. Mapmywalk said the loop I do at the park is 13.4miles, I don't know how accurate that is.
    But yesterday when I came back from this new park route, I got on the scale and had lost 4lbs.
    So today I took water with me, since I know that I did not burn 14,000 calories of fat off me (wish I did) no matter the distance I had walked.

I intend to walk my normal 9.4 on work days and do the park "longwalk" until I get to goal in six weeks. (hopefully)
  • Jodibear58
    Jodibear58 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Walked 45 minutes today. Found a lost dog and walked around the neighborhood looking for the owner....found him several houses up the street. Owners didn't seem too concerned
  • kalmf
    Options
    Walked 45 minutes today. Found a lost dog and walked around the neighborhood looking for the owner....found him several houses up the street. Owners didn't seem too concerned

What a kind thing to do! On behalf of lost dogs everywhere - thank you!
  • Beloved1rv
    Beloved1rv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just finished the 2 mile walk. It is posted on YouTube for free. My allergies and asthma were acting up, but with the commitment I made to this challenge and God's grace, I made it through! It feels so good when it's done. I want exercise to become a habit, a non-negotiable habit!!!
  • Beloved1rv
    Beloved1rv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about moving while on the phone! I usually sit at my desk and play computer games while on the phone. No more of that ! I will be moving!!!!
  • HealthFitNow
    HealthFitNow Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Marching in place while you're on the phone counts! Stepping while you brush your teeth counts! Chasing a possum out of your house with a broom counts!

I love this! Hahaha