NYT article: Always Hungry? Here’s Why

Options

Replies

• lmjblues
    lmjblues Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yep I've been reading this kinda of thought process in more and more books and articles. Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
  • sb4480
    sb4480 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I definitely believe in QUALITY vs quantity. A 250 calorie twinkie is processed the same way as 250 calories of vegetables and protein. Though I will argue until the day I die that a twinkie tastes a lot better!
  • beabria
    beabria Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Very interesting. Having recently switched to a lower carb diet to deal with insulin resistance about three weeks ago, I'm still waiting to see the results on the scale. But, one result I have seen very, very clearly is a lack of hunger. I am almost always under my calorie goal now but am almost never hungry. (And the few days when I was hungry were the days I went over, which tend to be the days when I indulged in something too carby *cough*cakeatworkonfriday*cough*.) I also find that foods need far less sugar or other sweetener to taste sweet to me. Still, even with this solid personal evidence, it's hard to go against the traditional advice, so it's great to hear some science to back up my new diet. Thanks for sharing!