Week 2

Options
sayray16
sayray16 Posts: 62 Member
So, It's now been two official weeks of me walking/jogging/running a 5K everyday, with the exception of one rest and recover day (Saturdays). I'm finding it difficult to run very fast but I can jog the whole thing consistently. Unfortunately, that means my time is still at about 45 minutes. But, that's ok. I still have six months before my first 5K so I believe I can get to 30 minutes by then. As far as weight goes, I haven't really lost too much. I only dropped 0.2 lbs this week and I know it is because I am gaining an immense amount of muscle. Though the scale doesn't express it, I can see the physical changes happening to my body. My face, thighs, and upper stomach are becoming more toned; that alone give me reason to want to continue this. I am now averaging about 380-410 calories burned per run. My legs are still sore after workouts but the pain eventually subsides. So there you have it; my week three has started as of Monday, May 12th and I will post my results/experiences at the end of this week. I hope everyone else is having the same positive experience with this.

Replies

• danabm
    danabm Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ok. I finally figured out how to measure distance on my elliptical and it looks like I have been doing at least 6 miles a day Monday - Friday.

This morning I did 6.75 Miles in 15 minutes. Doesn't seem right, but that is going my the calculations I have found. No weight loss yet, but I plan to get outside and start with a walk/jog and then back to my run/walk. I love warm weather and being outside. It brings the numbers on the scale down down down!!!
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    16,213 Steps - 7.93 Miles - 660 Calories
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a rest day read 2 books and did less than 800 steps
    Today it's 4:30 and I've done almost 7 miles and over 16k steps half was deliberate walking and then ret was running errands. Now I know how I gained so much weight. I really was sedentary and on work days I still didn't move much.
  • bigburd82
    bigburd82 Posts: 7
    Options
    I ran the 8k Beat the Bridge. I ran the first 2 miles then walked/ran to the finish. It was sooo fun. I loved it. Haven't done this in 16 years. Very different from the stair climber. Thanks for starting this challenge I will definitely keep posting.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Yesterday got 11miles for the day over 4 miles was intentional and the rest was from a very long busy day at work
    Today was my daughters fun field day at school and I got 6 miles, which included intentional 5k built around volunteering. It's been a long few days.