Introduce Your Little Ones

Options
tiggerhammon
tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
Here is a place you can introduce any kids you already have at home and also, introduce your babies when they are born.
You can share as much or as little as you would like about them.

I currently have one child. My daughter just turned 8 years old last month and I am expecting a boy next month. There is a very small part of me that doesn't like the huge age gap, especially since it feels like I am having a baby for the first time all over again. But, I really think the age difference will be a good thing and am glad I had a girl first, she is going to be his second mommy :) She is so helpful and is very good with babies.

My daughter's name is Tina. She is in 2nd grade and is very bright. Top of her class in reading, second highest scores in class for Math. She catches on to every new concept very quickly ... Unfortunately, this is also a problem. She gets in trouble quite a bit because she is always the first one done with her work, she is incapable of holding still and doing nothing and she loves to talk! She is a good kid, she just bores easily and has a high energy level. Yet to have a teacher that can figure out how to handle my child's energy levels - not that I blame them one bit, I have days where I can't handle it and she drives me crazy! :p
Of course, I wouldn't trade her off for even a day for anything else in the world. She is my life!

Replies

• Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I have 2 children, Jack who is 13 and Matilda who is 4 months old :smile:
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I have a son, Logan, who is 5.5 weeks old! He was 8lbs 16oz at birth and is already 10lbs 10oz... he's a little chunk, and I love it :) He's generally a happy little dude, doesn't cry too much and wakes up only about one time during the night - I'd say we're getting pretty lucky here!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I have a little boy, Severus, who is going to be 2 in July. He was born when I was 32 so I wanted to have another relatively soon so they would have each other growing up and I didn't want to be placed in a "high risk" category for pregnancy. I don't plan on having anymore kids so the timing is perfect.

Sev had colic for the first 6-7 month's which was incredible hard to deal with. He's also a terrible sleeper. He didn't sleep through the night until he was a year old, there were times I thought I'd never get a full nights sleep again. So if any mommies out there have the same troubles with their little ones, feel free to use me as a sounding post, I totally understand. :) I'm hoping baby number 2 is more mellow but we shall see.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm Lisa and baby arrived in December, so she'll be six months at the beginning of June. Eleanor is her name, she weighed in at 9lb 3oz and 21.25 inches tall. At her last check-up she was about 26" tall and weighed over 16.5 lbs.

So far she's been a really easy going kid. She slept thru the night (or with just one wake up) since she was about 3 weeks old. Daytime naps don't really happen--she'll doze when I take her for a walk or a bike ride, but that's about it. We started introducing solids a few weeks ago and that has been tons of fun! She's now very mobile--log rolling across the living room, using her walker all the time, and trying--very hard--to crawl. She's got bright blue eyes, brown hair, chubby thighs, and two teeth popping thru!

My husband and I are planning on trying again this fall. We're older for first-time parents (35 & 39) & don't want to wait too long. We've been married over 15 years and spent the first 13+ years of marriage polishing our education and careers, pursuing hobbies, traveling North America & Europe, and building & paying off our home. It's put us in a position where I can stay home full time and he asked for a demotion at work so he could work less and be a dad/husband more. As a family we love cycling, walking, going to the Chicago Botanic Garden, Lincoln Park Zoo, hiking, watching/going to Chicago Blackhawks, Bears, and Cubs games...basically anything outside!
  • heatherz104
    heatherz104 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Heather and have one son named Wyatt who is about to turn 3 this month. He is going through this whining/scaredy cat type stage right now which is really annoying but he is and has always been a sweet loving child for the most part. He was a pretty easy baby. Only main challenges right now are potty training (he does okay but still isn't very reliable) and the whining (don't know what to do about that, we try to discourage it and not reward him for it and sometimes ignoring).

Also expecting a second little boy, due August 24:) I'm looking forward to having a newbie around again and can't wait to meet him.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I'm Dawn and now a mum of 3!

I've got Jack who will be 5 on June 16th. He's in reception class at school (kids start school in Sept if they're 4 before Aug 31st, so Jack's one of the youngest) and is a bit of a cheeky monkey. He's not that interested in writing yet but is getting there with reading. He's a gorgeous, affectionate little boy. Well, I say he's little, but he's very tall for his age.

I've also got Maya who was 3 a week ago. She's a bossy little madam, with the face of an angel! She has blonde hair and blue eyes. She's very demanding and full of energy, and a little tomboy.

Jack and Maya love the park, the beach, nerf guns, scooters, movies, cars, soft play.....

And now I have Zoë who's 2.5 weeks old. She seems more like Jack so far, but time will tell!

My husband's still off work - he took 2 weeks paternity leave then 2 weeks annual leave. I'm dreading him going back to work!

I'm planning on having a year off for maternity leave - we can do this in England. I'm a secondary school teacher.

I'm 36 now so definitely don't plan on having any more kids!

This is Jack:

gorgeous_Jack.jpg
    posted image

This is Maya:

Gorgeous_Maya.jpg
    screenshot

This is Zoë:

Gorgeous_Zoe.jpg
    upload img
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Tressa and I have quite the family. I'm currently 29 1/2 weeks pregnant with a little baby boy, Jackson. I also have a boy who's almost 4 already. His name is Landon and he's special needs. He hasn't been diagnosed with anything because he was on Medicaid but now that I'm married again we finally have good insurance and can get him the help he needs. Through research of my own I know that he has sensory issues and will never be able to handle large crowds and sitting still is a challenge for him. He loves his Thomas the Train and Mickey Mouse club so if we ever go out with our family we have to make sure there's wifi to stream a movie or bring along the portable dvd player. Other parents often look at me like I'm a horrible parent because I can't "control" my child or I sit him in front of the tv and that will actually stop me from going out because he looks like a normal 6 year old (he's very large for his age) but he has the mental capability of a 2 year old and still on a pacifier to soothe himself. It gets rough at times and I don't know how he's going to handle a baby joining us but we'll have to figure it out.

I also have a 7 year old little boy who is coming into his own and doesn't like sharing the attention at Mommy's house. He's an only child at his Dad's and has his brother at my house so he's trying to get attention and getting all the wrong attention.

With my marriage came a 15 year old step daughter who was out of my husband's life until January of this year. He had no custody of her but had open visitation and last we knew she was living in California and going to a private school out there. We found out this year that she's been here for 4 years and her mom just decided to tell my husband. She's a very troubled little girl which is why he's back in her life. We're trying to be there as much as we can for her but she decides to tell us last minute that she wants to do something or doesn't contact us at all other weeks and her mom doesn't help keep us informed of anything going on at school and leaves it up to a 15 year old to remember to tell us when things are.

I'm hoping that soon things will settle down and we'll be a little family.
  • KimJohn14
    KimJohn14 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have a little girl Megan who will be 5 in August and recently gave birth to a boy called Michael he is 3 weeks old.
    Megan goes to nursery 5 mornings a week and she starts school in August she is very excited about it.

Looking forward to speaking to you all :-)
  • SarahDanyel29
    SarahDanyel29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm Sarah, I am a stay at home mom with 3 kids - My 18 year old stepdaughter, Alexis, who is graduating high school in a couple weeks! My 5 year old son Jackson and my 2 year old son, Liam. We MC in January and bc of health reasons have put off TTC until my health is figured out. I've been dealing with joint pain, stiffness, weakness and fatigue. No real diagnosis from my rheumatologist so I've been overhauling my diet by cutting out all grains, most dairy and sugar.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just returned to work today. I have a 3 month old (in my pic there) as well as a 2yo and 8yo. We're in a transition period right now, with me working and my newly graduated husband looking for a new job. He's always been at home with the kids but who knows what the future brings.

Homeschooling and autism are also part of the mix!
  • poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Stacey, 36 SAHM of 2 girls now and currently 12 wks pregnant with baby #3. My oldest is Lauren, who will be 9 next month. She is a very smart 3rd grader with red hair and attitude to go with it! My 2nd gal is Eden who was 3 in December and she is VERY strong willed and sassy. If she was my first kid there would probably be no more! BUT I wanted just one more......;)
  • saintpaulJess
    saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    In addition to the baby on the way, I have a 10 year old son and a 13 month old daughter.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    @Faye: How is Jack doing? Did you get your meeting with the school this morning? Looks like there are at least a couple homeschooling mommies here that may be helpful if you choose that path.

@Kristina: Sounds just like my daughter - born at 8lb12oz, 10lbs even at 5 week checkup. She was such a good baby, slept through the night and everything. Now, she is a ball of energy and chaos :p

@MAMA: I bow to you :p I really have no clue how you did it. That sounds so hard. I have a friend whose baby is that way and I help babysit at night occasionally just so she can get some sleep. Her baby is 13 months old now and still wakes up multiple times at night. My friend is positively delirious some days.

@Lisapr: I think it is great you got careers under your belt and experienced life first and am glad you still made time for children. I really think it is best to either have kids first, early on and tackle that first and careers later or tackle a career first and babies later. This is me personally. I, unfortunately, am a college dropout - because I tried to work full time, raise a toddler and go to school and I couldn't hack it. Now, I am focusing on my children and will return to college much later in life.

@Heather: Let me know if you ever discover the trick to breaking that. We managed to get our daughter to where she rarely does it but, sometimes, that awful whiney voice breaks through again. Like nails on a chalkboard, lol.

@Dawn: Your children are beautiful! Thanks for the pictures! I am so envious of that year long maternity leave. I got lucky being due in June, school starts here mid-August so that gives me 2 months off.

@tzig: I really hope you are able to get the help you need with your son. My sister really struggled with her little boy until she was able to get a proper diagnosis and professional help. The little boy is doing much better now and his mom has relocated her sanity. It is just so much easier when you understand them.... My best friend married a man 16 years older than her who has a 15yr old daughter. Your story sounds very similar to hers. The daughter was classified as a 'troubled teenager,' struggled with school and even spent some time in a troubled youth home when she lived with her mother. Dad never had any rights or visitation until last year when he received temporary custody and thed daughter moved here to see if a fresh start at a new life helped her. It's been 10 months since she moved here and she is getting mostly B's in all her classes, no behavioral problems and is much happier. She isn't just perfect yet but doing much better. I hope you find the same works for your family and once you all get settled, she settles in.

@KimJohn: So nice to meet you! I am glad you have joined us and look forward to getting to know you (and your littles ones) better :)

@SarahDanyel: I am so sorry for your loss :( and I hope you are able to find answers for your health.

@Dandelyon: Sounds like you have a full plate all the way around! I have to say though, I really would love hear about how your autistic little one is doing being homeschooled. I often wonder if this might be the best route for my autistic nephew.

@Poesch: Hello Stacey! Please don't expect me to remember real names. I am so terribly horribly bad with names, but I will try. I love the name Eden, that is so cute. Can't wait to hear if you have another girl or if you get to have a boy :)

@SaintpaulJess: Nice age gap with your kids too, I see. That's pretty close to how far my kids will be apart and I am still undecided as to whether or not there will be any more.
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

My name is Lisa and the little guy in my profile pic is my son, Alexander Jude. He is 2 months old (St Paddy's baby) and is my first child.

My pregnancy was unexpected. My hubby and I tried before and couldn't get pregnant bc I was very overweight. I had lost 60 lbs within a year and I went off the pill JUST to see if I could have a regular cycle (never had one) and I did! It was within less of a month I got pregnant and found out around 10 weeks (took a while bc I had my period, ha).

I was high risk towards the middle of the pregnancy bc of being overweight still and then had to see the perinatologist 2x a week bc of high blood pressure (thankfully, no pre-eclampsia). They scheduled me to be induced and my water broke 3 hours before! Unfortunately, with some of the meds I was on and epidural mixing in there, my oxygen was dipping and his heart rate went down dramatically... emergency c-section. I tried to avoid the epidural and the c-section, but what can ya do? As long as he was alright, that's all that mattered to me. He was 5 lbs 14 oz, 18.5 inches long. He is now 11 lb 14 oz, 22 1/4 inches long. Right on target :)

I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.. really wanting my weight loss routine back in my life.. everything seems like it's been a blur!

Hope to get to know everyone in this group and thank you for the invite, Tigger! :-D
  • clowmow
    clowmow Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hello all :)

My name is Chloe, 25 and from the uk.
    I have 2 little boys, Zachary is 4 next month and I have just had baby Dexter who is 9 weeks old.

Zachary's pregnancy was complication free but with Dexter's I seemed to have everything! I was group B strep positive, borderline gestational diabetes and had obstetric cholestasis (a liver condition in pregnancy).
    He was induced 3 weeks early as the liver condition can cause still birth if left too long.
    I had him and then he had to spend 1.5 weeks in intensive care as he was born with pneumonia and an air pocket on his lung. Was a scary time but he made a full recovery and is now thriving. Was all unrelated to the pregnancy problems strangely and we were just very unlucky!

So here I am 9 weeks PP. I ate well during the pregnancy and only took a few weeks to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight so now I am just wanting to lose what I gained and never lost with my first pregnancy!
    I have already lost 5lbs and have another 16lbs to get to my ultimate goal.

I am just counting calories and currently doing the 30DS

5464b897-ff66-42d8-8d36-02a42419a420_zps5c1eaf7c.jpg

45e571df-2987-413e-8bcb-fd5491da13ba_zpsa2fc46a4.jpg

x
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to post pics? I would love to share a pic of Logan!!
  • MadelineGraceG
    MadelineGraceG Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm Madeline. I'm 25, I've been married for almost 7 years, (yep, married at 18,) and we have three little munchkins. Deborah, 5, Obadiah, 3, and Rebekah, 5 months. I'm a stay-at-home mom and we homeschool. I'm trying to lose about 60 lbs. It's a crazy life, but we love it!
  • Sentrita
    Sentrita Posts: 26
    Options
    Hi! My name is Shantra. I have an almost 3 year old girl named Alena and a four month old boy named Radley. My hope is to get back down to 145lbs, so I have 30 to lose yet. Weighing myself with one or both breasts full of milk is a tricky business aand sometimes I think the weight of milk increases with the age of Radley.;-)
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My name is Kristin. DH and I have one child. A son named Brandon. He is 13.5 months old. I still have 15-20 lbs to lose (ideally) and a lot of muscle to gain back.
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have a little boy, Severus, who is going to be 2 in July. He was born when I was 32 so I wanted to have another relatively soon so they would have each other growing up and I didn't want to be placed in a "high risk" category for pregnancy. I don't plan on having anymore kids so the timing is perfect.

Sev had colic for the first 6-7 month's which was incredible hard to deal with. He's also a terrible sleeper. He didn't sleep through the night until he was a year old, there were times I thought I'd never get a full nights sleep again. So if any mommies out there have the same troubles with their little ones, feel free to use me as a sounding post, I totally understand. :) I'm hoping baby number 2 is more mellow but we shall see.

13.5 months for me without sleeping through the night. Last night was a 'good' night where he went to bed at 8pm, woke up at 1:30am, 4:30am, and 5:10am. He got up for the day at 6:30am (when I need to get him up to get ready for daycare). So sleepy... ;)