Carbs and Cals?!?!

Options
joianett
joianett Posts: 79 Member
Hi ladies,

I am currently 29.5 weeks pregnant.

Any idea how many calories are recommended for the third trimester?

I have gained (as of 27 weeks) 10 pounds, most of which was the first sixteen weeks due to massive carb intake due to nausea but have been staying at 10 pounds ever since. My doctor didn't seem concerned... yet but did tell me to feel free to splurge as she knows I am a healthy eater, naturally.

With that being said, I am just not sure how much to eat of carbs (I eat more protein) and cals without going over the top but not harming baby during this growing phase!!!

I am open to all advice... Oh, and I 've checked on freedieting.com and it says 2225 - 2480!

Replies

• HeyNikkita
    HeyNikkita Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For healthy weight women - approximately 2200-2500 is a target goal.
    I think my macros are set to 40/35/25 C/F/P - I have a very hard time hitting those numbers (especially protein).
    The 50/30/20 ratio is classic and recommended by the government...
  • joianett
    Options
    Thanks! Appreciate the response.
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi Joieanett,
    Was the 2225 - 2480 calories for your current weight or your pre-pregnancy weight?
    The freedieting calculator should be set for your pre-pregnancy weight . Also I don't know how often you exercise but I would put it for sedentary and then just eat bacl exercise calories on the days you do exercise and the sedentary calories when you don't exercise. Just athought hope that helps and congrats on the baby.
  • joianett
    Options
    That's my pre-pregnancy and the lower end of calories is just the sedentary an the high end is working out 3x/wk and I workout 4-5x/wk. I do wear a polar HR monitor and burn 300-400 calories ea workout.