Healthy Recipes! Let's Share

Options
danielatoro
danielatoro Posts: 12 Member
Let's share some healthy recipes... A big thing for me about loosing weight and being on a diet is getting sick and tired of eating the same food over and over. Let's post some recipes to help each other stay on our diet of choice!!!

Replies

• Sandhya6589
    Sandhya6589 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I heard that it was good to replace 1 entire meal with mushroom....as in if you are suppose to be eat chicken for lunch and lamb for dinner, you replace either 1 of them with mushroom. Its called the M-plan diet. I have been on that diet for the past 2 days and have this website which has a whole load of different amazing mushroom recipes.

http://www.powerofmushrooms.com.au/

:happy:
  • ayla42
    ayla42 Posts: 2
    Options
    I eat a lot of watermelon.. and i mean a lot.
    I really love it and there are almost no calories in it plus it makes me feel full. i usually just replace it with a meal sometimes lunch and dinner.

I do however drink shakes when i do that. To get the necessary vitamins and stuff.
  • msnucerity
    msnucerity Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    If you're a watermelon lover try mixing diced watermelon, a bit of lime juice, lime zest and basil for a summery watermelon "bruschetta" :)
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    might sound funny but Mexican food if you double up on the veggies is very healthy, just skip all the grease frying parts. When I lived in Mexico I lost 30 pounds without even trying. Just loaded up on fruits and veggies..... there were NO fast food or supermarkets near bye which helped a lot too.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Curried Couscous salad (200 calories per serving) (4 servings/recipe)

Bring 1C water, 1/3 C golden raisins, 1 T curry powder, 1 bullion cube to a boil.
    Remove from heat, then add 1 C uncooked couscous, stir, and cover. Set aside.

Salad: Romaine & redleaf lettuce, 1 small granny smith apple, diced; 1 yellow bell pepper in a bite-sized dice; 1/2 small red onion, diced, 1 roma tomato, diced. (small dice of jalapeno pepper, optional)

Dressing: 1/4 C nonfat greek yogurt, 1 T olive oil, 2-3 T cider vinegar, honey to taste (1 t+). Salt & pepper if desired.

Mix salad ingredients & dress. Add couscous to individual servings (it gets soggy if stored together....)
  • hkied
    hkied Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great yummy salad: Buy a mixed salad with spinach mix, add strawberries, and almond cruch cereal. then if you need something else add turkey, chicken, or even tuna with some feta or blue cheese. I have been eaating this a lot and it is supper filling!