Burned/Consumed Goals?

Options
NCMeg
NCMeg Posts: 57 Member
I'm just curious, but what are your settings for your burned and consumed calories? My burned is 3225 and consume is 2475. I've been wearing my arm band again since Tuesday, and rest the goals so hopefully they are more attainable (getting back on the wagon, as it were). I haven't hit my burned goal yet, but I've gotten pretty close. I'll get there, I just have to work at it and keep myself motivated.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My burned is set at 2150, my consumed is 1650. I usually burn more than that but I "try" to keep my intake consistent.
  • lisab64mfp
    lisab64mfp Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I set my burn for 2150 (I need about 3 hrs of moderate activity to hit that number) but am always above that. I've been at goal for almost 3 years so I try to maintain a deficit of 150-250 (mostly cuz I'm not as diligent about tracking).
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    My burn is 2000, calories are set for 1500, 500 cal/day deficit for one pound per week.
  • AHASRADA
    AHASRADA Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My burned is set at 2150, my consumed is 1650. I usually burn more than that but I "try" to keep my intake consistent.
    [/quote

Same here. I usually try to burn closer to 2400 at least, because my BMF deficit is always at least 250 cals. above that represented by my actual weight loss. Most days are 2400-2600, including about 2.5 hours of moderate exercise (70 minute AM workout DVD, plus 80+ minutes walking on the treadmill throughout the day).

My Fitbit + HRM combo is consistently around 2150-2250, which is closer to my weight loss deficit.
  • Kathrynrbg
    Kathrynrbg Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My burn is 2000 calories
    My consumed is 1500,
    500 cal/day deficit for one pound per week.
  • monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm confused with "calories remaining" vs "net". Which is supposed to be the calorie deficit for MFP? HELP!! :/
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My goals are 2500/1500. I usually end up around 2800/1800, though.
  • anthonybsmith
    anthonybsmith Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My consume max is 2,440 calories/3,440 burn goal. I am seeing decreases in my weight and body fat since I starting weighing my food and working out again with kettlebells via the Skogg system. Most days I hit or come close to the burn goal. I am noticing that many days I do not hit the 2,440 intake max because I am eating more nutrient dense food, which provide a better feeling of satiety.

Today, I had over 770 calories left so I went and got an apple pie and ice cream from McDonald's. I am still under the 2440 for the day it's amazing!
  • akdetweiler
    akdetweiler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm confused with "calories remaining" vs "net". Which is supposed to be the calorie deficit for MFP? HELP!! :/

Honestly, unless your BMF is perfectly in alignment with the MFP numbers, it just doesn't work out. It didn't for me anyway. I recently unlinked the two apps and am using them separately now. I use the "Workout" function on the BMF app to calculate my exercise burn and then log those into MFP manually. Going the other way -- I just subtract my MFP calorie intake from my BMF total burn a few times throughout the day to make sure I am on track there. I know it sounds a little complicated, but its really not and much less confusing than trying to figure out how many of those BMF calories to eat back!

I had hit a major plateau after starting the BMF and now I am back to losing weight based on the adjustments I made.

I also calibrated my BMF using the suggestions in this thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1234999-calibrating-your-bmf?hl=calibrating+your+bmf#posts-19334962
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Currently I have intake set at 2600, and burn the same (maintenance) ...but I averaged 3074/day, and intake was 2720/day for the last 28 days.
    I keep it set more for days that I don't do much, so I plan on eating for them, and then on days I am really active, I know it, and can change how I eat. Still adjusting to not having much of a deficit, despite trying to ease into it over the last 6 months or so. But since I'd not object to dropping some more body fat, losing 0.5lbs a week or so works just fine for now.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    my burn is 2700 and my consume is 1700-1800 for 2lb weight loss