LETS START! Tuesdays task!

Options
FitCoachShawn
FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
This group is all about ACCOUNTABILITY! I want you to write down every thing you eat and drink today and post it in the group at the end of the day. If you truly serious about being accountable and doing this then I cant wait to see over 60 posts about what you all ate today including myself! :) Make sure to try and get your water in. Half your body weight in ounces is what you should drink by the end of the day,

Replies

• mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I would probably drown if I drank 1/2 my body weight in water, but I will give it a go.
  • mhill40
    mhill40 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Ready, set, go!
  • laurawelch62085
    laurawelch62085 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How do you get the "pounds lost" graphic from the myfitness pal site?
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Drinking half my body weight is 95oz = 11 cups (8oz) of water though most glasses are 12+oz.

I'm 2 glasses in, and have 10 hours left in the day, so it's possible for me to do this. We'll have to see how things actually end up but if a person can drink a 12 oz glass every hour, we should all be able to drink 180oz...
  • precious_
    precious_ Posts: 17
    Options
    Before my morning workout I'm having a Vanilla low fat yogurt and a fiber one Bar. Yummy ????
  • pepperpots377
    pepperpots377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good! Let's do this thing!!
  • swoldiergirl
    swoldiergirl Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Drink at least 60oz of water and get my workout in tonight after work since I missed it this morning!
  • zeal26
    zeal26 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Today hasn't been great. Actually it's been appalling! It's been tempting to not log accurately. I'm so glad I have this group to post in today!

What I've eaten today:
    Porridge
    Uncounted amount of sesame sticks (a co worker had them and I just kept eating)
    Strawberry Nutri Grain Bar
    Cheesestring
    Peach Slices in fruit juice
    Homemade vegetable, lentil & chickpea soup
    Kiwi
    10 grapes
    3 strawberries
    40g pineapple
    Pork chop
    Baked potato with cheese and baked beans
    Chocolate Fudge Cake
    2 x Ryvita Crackerbreads
    9 glasses of water
    3 cans of Diet Coke

The damage:
    -324 calories. :(
    -41 carbs
    -38 sugar

It's bizarre. I just didn't *care* today. Yesterday I was all high about having logged in for 100 days and today I don't care!
  • Diva1205
    Diva1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Today was an awesome day for me... I stayed within my calories, and I was able to actually do Aerobics and walking... totaling 71 minutes! It's not huge, but I'm on my way! Also managed to have 96oz of water!!! So proud.. below is what I had today:

Breakfast: Thomas Bagel thin w/strawberry cream cheese
    Snack: Hummus and Triscuit chips
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich on whole grain bread, w/lettuce and honey mustard, Mini babybel cheese, a pickle, and a Banana
    Snack: Peach Yoplait light yogurt
    Dinner: Small Tortillas, with pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, and 7 pepperoni, and 6 fresh (huge) strawberries (for anyone missing pizza...this was awesome!!) curbed my need.... :)
  • lorim621
    lorim621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Had a great day.
    Breakfast was a protein shake and coffee with cream and Splenda. Lunch was grilled chicken with strong beans and a green apple. I had a luna protein bar for an afternoon snack . For dinner it was chicken strips with mixes vegetables. I went for a 5 mile run today as well. Thanks for the inspiration !!!
  • JenP137
    JenP137 Posts: 2
    Options
    Today I did the first day of the '3-day diet' AKA 'military diet' and have to admit the food plan is not typical and in some ways less healthy than my normal diet. But I'm curious to see if it'll work. So this is what I ate:

Breakfast:
    1/2 Grapefruit
    1 Slice of Toast
    2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter

Lunch

1/2 Cup of Tuna
    1 Slice of Toast

Dinner
    3 ounces steak
    1 cup of green beans
    1/2 banana
    1 small apple
    1 cup of vanilla ice cream

Am a little hungry but did enjoy the ice cream. Goal is to go to bed early tonight to avoid temptation.
  • pepperpots377
    pepperpots377 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bkfst: Coffee with crm and sugar, Atkins choc protein shake

Lunch:salad with 1.5 oz cheddar cheese
    Atkins peanut choc candies

Dinner: grilled skinless chicken breast
    cucumbers
    hummus
    water, water, water

Knee is healing so did upper body weights today...
  • precious_
    precious_ Posts: 17
    Options
    For lunch I had a Ham and cheese sandwhich on Wheat bread .
    For dinner I'm having Grilled pork chops and a slice of Texas toast.
    I worked out hard today so I treated myself to a piece of German chocolate cake ????. I burned 612 calories in my workout today so my food equaled to 1,115 - 619=503 net with 697 remaining ????
  • FitCoachShawn
    FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    BIG SHOUT OUT to all of those who posted in here today! You are separating yourselves from the rest of that pack! You are showing just how committed you are to change and wanting to hold your self accountable! KUDOS! Loved seeing all the information and I am glad you guys were HONEST even if it was bad. At least we can help then. If you lie about what you eat and drink then we cant help you and your not doing anything to help yourself. Great job on our first day. Lets keep this show going!

FitCoach SHawn
  • 13Strong
    13Strong Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Water, lets see - currently at 81oz, goal was 95oz. So 1 more glass? ughhhhh

Breakfast -Special k bar (vending machine due to forgetting breakfast at home), coffee, natural creamer
    Lunch - 1c stir-fry (homemade), 3/4c Israeli salad, 1 cutie, 10 carrots, 14 almonds
    Dinner - Salmon, 6oz
    Junk - 1 cookie, more coffee with cream, 1 tootsie roll, chips and salsa...

Exercise... I keep having all these goals on exercise, I get off work, instantly become tired and barely get supper made (thus the kinda horrid supper).

Basically, I do well till after work even the coffee after work only helped so much. What's worse, is work isn't nearly as stressful as it will be in July!

Oh well, just finished another glass of water, so at least I hit that goal.

PS. I don't usually recap until the morning after, so I may be a day late on some of these.
  • SunshineKimL
    SunshineKimL Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Here is what I have so far.

Breakfast
    Strawberry - Strawberry, 6 Medium (1-1/4" dia)
    Great Value Instant Oatmeal - Strawberries and Cream, 1 packet

Lunch
    Subway - Honey Mustard Dressing,
    Subway - 6" Oven Roasted Chicken - Wheat & Veggies

Dinner
    Lean Cuisine - Seasame Chicken,
    Marketside - All Natural - Packaged Salad - Field Greens Salad - Romaine Lettuce, Curly Endive, Carrots, Radicchio (8-oz / 227g), 1.5 cups
    Olive Garden - Light Italian Salad Dressing, 2 Tbsp

Snacks
    Premier - Cho. Protein Drink, 1 container

I still have around 200 calories left for a snack this evening.

Workout today was strength and cardio 75 minutes 679 Calories burned.
  • Healthyj83
    Healthyj83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    breakfast
    1/2 egg white fritata made with with spinach, 1/2 avocado laughing cow cheese and artichokes.
    grapefruit
    strawberries (1/2 cup)

lunch
    arugula salad with skinless grilled chicken thigh, sundried tomatoes, olives and 1 oz. goat cheese

snack
    swiss miss diet hot cocoa; 1 tbs babaghanoosh and 2 tbs hummus with carrots

dinner
    salad made with shredded brussel sprouts and kale, 1/2 avocado, apple, olives, 1 oz goat cheese, 4 oz grilled chicken, 1 strip of bacon (trader joe's 30 calorie fully cooked bacon), and 12 almonds
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Breakfast slimfast shake

Lunch mozza sticks
    tater tots

Supper at my son's baseball game
    cheese burger and fries

3 diet pepsi
    8 glasses of water

crappy day the cheese burger and fries are still sitting and feeling terrible in my stomach
  • jesskawelmacher
    jesskawelmacher Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Ok, here we go!

Breakfast:
    * Quaker Weight Control Oatmeal
    * Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek Yogurt
    * Medium Banana

Lunch:
    * 6" Roast Beef and Provolone on Wheat w/Avocado, Spinach and Tomato with Light Mayo and Mustard.
    * Small bag of Baked Lays
    * 20 oz Diet Coke

Dinner:
    * 2 hot dogs
    * 1/2 cup mac and cheese
    * Salad w/ Ranch
    * Iced Tea

Dessert:
    * Chocolate Drumstick

Not the best of days, but also not the worst of days; also going to do more yoga tonight and did yoga this morning.
  • ddrmaster07
    ddrmaster07 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Carb master Yogurt(before gym)
    Iced Coffee
    Oatmeal

Lunch:
    Corn
    Squash
    Brown rice
    Rudy's BBQ Smoked turkey