Tuesday Check-In

Options
suejoker
suejoker Posts: 317 Member
Hey, Warrior Women!

I'm listening to Kelly Clarkson's "Stronger" and getting psyched for the day. I'm feeling healthy & strong, today! I think it's because of all the prayers and healing energy that were sent my way:) I slept in and woke up feeling amazing! It's a good thing, because now I have 6 days to fit in 720 minutes of exercise. My plan for the day is 20 min of yoga, 20 min of dancing, 30 min of walking, and 50 min of cleaning. I'll check back in later, to let you know how I did.

Thanks again for all the prayers & healing energy that you sent, while I was curled up in bed with several kinds of ice cream. Yes, they were all delicious. And, no none of them showed up on the scale:)

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Glad you are better, Sue!

My knee was not feeling better this morning (more like I might have twisted it a bit, and I was remembering stumbling on a rock when almost to the end), so I was worried about my personal trainer/weights session this afternoon. As it happened none of the things I thought would be a problem (squats, for example) were, and I could tell my hamstrings are a bit sore which makes me encouraged that it should improve soon and I just overdid a bit. I'm also walking around with less pain since the session, so yay! I should be able to get in some walking this evening as a result (it was supposed to be storming, but it appears that it may wait until 9).
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Only 30 minutes of gardening today......feeling kinda low today....maybe as a result of doing so much yesterday. Who knows! I'm really looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow, as it has been cloudy and rain for a few days now. Glad you're so much better, Sue! And that your strength training session with a personal trainer went well, lemurcat!
  • crawlingfish
    crawlingfish Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Started the day full of energy, swam and lifted weights, got sore, felt good... got tired... got hungry after lunch... had ice cream... went home, and had another snack that turned into fifty :P luckily I only went about 600 calories over as a result of my burn today, but still!

SusanL22 it's awesome that you garden! I wish I had a green thumb but to no avail,, that and the sandy soil where I live :)
  • suejoker
    Options
    Warrior Women ROCK! I feel so much better. I started out the day with yoga & dancing, which always gets me in the right frame of mind. Then, after I caught up on some work, I went to run some errands on foot and ended up walking 4.26 miles round trip. So, unless I get ambitious and decide to do that cleaning I had planned, I think I'm good with 175 minutes/864 calories burned today.

Stephanie--I'm so glad your knee is not as bad as you'd feared. Injured knees can literally knock you off your feet. I hope you're enjoying that evening walk right now:)

Susan--I hope that your mood and the weather are much better tomorrow. Sometimes, our bodies just know when it's time to slow down.

Crawlingfish--Sorry about the snack attack, but you know it could've been much worse. It's difficult to find the right balance between exercise & eating. Of course, if we expend more energy, we'll need more calories. Figuring out how many more is the tricky part!
  • amethyst70
    amethyst70 Posts: 68
    Options
    Yay!! Sue is back to good health!! I have heard eating healthy shortens time of sickness so it must be all that nutricious food you have been eating!

I managed 4 miles walk time today for 125 minutes. Wanted an additional couple miles but the kiddos were being less than cooperative. Lol.
  • suejoker
    Options
    Yay, Tonya! I really admire you & all the moms of young kids on here for doing this at all! All I could do, while my boys were little, was try to keep up...
  • Peacockbutterfly
    Peacockbutterfly Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am tired so this will be a quick post. I wore myself out today. I got in 150 active minutes plus 15 minutes on my total gym. I hope everyone has a good night!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow, as it has been cloudy and rain for a few days now.

Overdoing and being too tired can affect mood, but I really think this can too. At least, that's my justification for doing nothing but whining about the weather since December. It looks good for the next few days, though, and I know what we have tends to hit the northeast a day or two later, so hope that's true.
    I really admire you & all the moms of young kids on here for doing this at all!

Me too!

Report on my walk--it looked like it might start to rain any minute, so I didn't want to wait until I got home and miss out, and decided to walk part of the way home, until the weather got bad or I felt like I'd walked enough. After nearly 2 miles I passed this new fancy grocery store (like Whole Foods on steroids) that I'd been meaning to check out, so I detoured there and bought a few things (fun but overpriced, a place for extras, not staples--for anyone who knows Ann Arbor, they carry Zingerman's stuff, among other things, and have a branch of my favorite local coffee place) and then walked a bit farther to the el stop to complete my trip. (It was sprinkling most of the way but I was starting to see lightning so decided I'd better hurry before the torrents began.)

Time count through the end of Tuesday is 9 hr 51 mins.