FOOD :)

Options
FitLaLa_B2B
FitLaLa_B2B Posts: 51 Member
As you all know real weight loss is done in the kitchen not the gym. The kitchen seems to be my toughest challenge :sad:

What are some nutrition tips that seem to have helped with your weight loss/fitness journey?

A few tips that have helped for me:
*WATER...lots and lots of water! I always have lemons, lime, and mint so I can mix up the flavor without added calories.
*Portioning out my snacks so I don't just keep eating lol

Replies

• precious_
    precious_ Posts: 17
    Options
    As you all know real weight loss is done in the kitchen not the gym. The kitchen seems to be my toughest challenge :sad:

What are some nutrition tips that seem to have helped with your weight loss/fitness journey?

A few tips that have helped for me:
    *WATER...lots and lots of water! I always have lemons, lime, and mint so I can mix up the flavor without added calories.
    *Portioning out my snacks so I don't just keep eating lol
    The kitchen is my weakness as well. It's hard for me to cut out the things I love so I just eat it in moderation and I measure my servings. I haven't seen the pounds dropping off but I can see a difference in my clothes which is very strange .
  • ashcummings1
    ashcummings1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time also. My days are long and it's hard when I'm awake and at it from 6:30-11. When I get off work at 10 pm I'm starving. By that point I have been speed walking since 5 pm and have already met my daily caloric intake. If I add my "work" into my daily as exercise I am alotted enough extra calories but then I don't lose any weight!!
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    low carb worked for me. we indians take more carbs in the form of rice. so reduced rice and taking roti/phulka mostly. and reduced oil content. and 7 day cleansing diet along with yoga and exercise worked wonders for me.
  • bstender82
    bstender82 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    For me it has been making small easy switches like Greek yogurt for sour cream and unsweetened apple sauce for butter in baking. I also love the birds eye frozen vegetables they have them for everything and it makes putting a last minute healthy dinner together super easy.
  • FitLaLa_B2B
    Options
    For me it has been making small easy switches like Greek yogurt for sour cream and unsweetened apple sauce for butter in baking. I also love the birds eye frozen vegetables they have them for everything and it makes putting a last minute healthy dinner together super easy.

Do you have any good Greek yogurt dip recipes? I am a big fan of condiments and dips but know they aren't good for me.
  • FitLaLa_B2B
    Options
    I have the hardest time also. My days are long and it's hard when I'm awake and at it from 6:30-11. When I get off work at 10 pm I'm starving. By that point I have been speed walking since 5 pm and have already met my daily caloric intake. If I add my "work" into my daily as exercise I am alotted enough extra calories but then I don't lose any weight!!

You are doing AWESOME!! I know you have been killing it in the exercise department. Night jobs are tough for healthy eating.

Does anyone else work evenings/nights? How do you keep you nutrition in check with the odd working hours?
  • girlytechphd
    Options
    God I love food! I can work out all the time, I don't mind it but taking away my favorite foods kills me. So I use moderation! I love pasta and bread but I avoid it and limit it to a few times a month with small measured portions. I eat tons of veggies and fruit to keep me full so I don't crave the startchy goodness of carb heavy pasta. Now sweets I can live without. I never really crave ice cream or cupcakes or Little Debbie's. I love crunchy salty things (Doritos I'm looking at you) This is a challenge for me. I avoid the chip section at the store like the plaque. If I just have to have it though, I get those small tiny bags of chips that are made for kids lunches, I have one of those and they are usually 150-180 calories. That isn't great but it prevents me from an all out Dorito and shame filled pig out so It is how I choose to handle it. The fact is that is change we are implementing is forever, so we have to live with it forever. That is how I think about food. It is not realistic that you will never have birthday cake, or an extravagant high calorie dinner with a S.O. again. You can control yourself and be aware of how much you are taking in and make adjustments to compensate for those fun and all too necessary food cravings. Moderation is the mantra!
  • FitLaLa_B2B
    Options
    God I love food! I can work out all the time, I don't mind it but taking away my favorite foods kills me. So I use moderation! I love pasta and bread but I avoid it and limit it to a few times a month with small measured portions. I eat tons of veggies and fruit to keep me full so I don't crave the startchy goodness of carb heavy pasta. Now sweets I can live without. I never really crave ice cream or cupcakes or Little Debbie's. I love crunchy salty things (Doritos I'm looking at you) This is a challenge for me. I avoid the chip section at the store like the plaque. If I just have to have it though, I get those small tiny bags of chips that are made for kids lunches, I have one of those and they are usually 150-180 calories. That isn't great but it prevents me from an all out Dorito and shame filled pig out so It is how I choose to handle it. The fact is that is change we are implementing is forever, so we have to live with it forever. That is how I think about food. It is not realistic that you will never have birthday cake, or an extravagant high calorie dinner with a S.O. again. You can control yourself and be aware of how much you are taking in and make adjustments to compensate for those fun and all too necessary food cravings. Moderation is the mantra!

I truly believe the Doritos have some kind of drug in them I could seriously eat an entire bag without noticing ha ha ha. I am like you it has to stay away from me chips vs sweets CARBS WIN!!! I love how you view moderation...it makes sense and keeps life fun! No reason to deprive/punish yourself. If you over indulge just get back on your game as soon as possible. MODERATION, MODERATION, MODERATION (said in my mantra voice)