Frustrated!!

Options
mrsgosch
mrsgosch Posts: 55 Member
I've been doing the 30 day shred and exercises from another group on here and one on another site so I have tons of exercise I get in during the day plus walking every night with my DH. I still cant lose any weight and I've cut out pop, have been eating fruits and veggies for snacks along with healthier meals. End of my rant for the day. Hope everyone has a good day :)

Replies

• newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This might sound crazy but are you eating enough? Are you looking at all of your numbers when you log your food (fat/carbs/etc)?

I would suggest waiting maybe say two weeks before weighing then try again. It might reflect later.

Otherwise then you might need to ask your doctor to do some tests for other reasons.
  • praevalere
    praevalere Posts: 24
    Options
    I can understand your frustration. It could be that last week when you weighed yourself you were dehydrated, and when you weighed yourself today you were hydrated which can be as much as a 5lb change in your weight, so you could have lost. Second, even though you are eating healthier (or eating healthy in general), it doesn't mean you will lose weight. You could eat 1,000 calories of cupcakes in a day or 1,000 calories of healthy food, and you will still lose the same. The difference is in how healthy your body is, but your weight would be the same in both scenarios. You may need to scale back your portions.
  • jolene_CO
    jolene_CO Posts: 48
    Options
    I cannot speak for other people, but I tend to hover at the exact same weight for about 10 days and then drop 3 to 5 lbs in a day or two. Hover at that weight for about 10 days then drop 3 to 5 lbs over the next day or two. It's strange but consistent for me. Perhaps your body just likes to sit at its new weight for a while before letting go.

Also, bear in mind that body's take time to adapt, so if you're adding a lot of new exercise, your body may just want to think about what's going on before deciding to let go of any weight. Body's a built to survive, which is why drastic results rarely stick. You're establishing brilliant habits right now that will serve you well throughout this journey.
  • smsavoy
    smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Don't be frustrated, the scale may not be moving, but you could be losing inches. I am like Jolene_CO, the scale will stay the same for some many days or increase, then days later it drops. I think it is just our body adjusting. For me it also depends on what time of the day i get on the scale.

hang in there, you will see results in no time.
  • Jen11051981
    Jen11051981 Posts: 17
    Options
    I swear I just went through the exact same thing. I didn't lose for like a week so I stopped weighing myself. I then adjusted my calories by actually increasing them and now I am dropping. I also took measurements of my body, to see the inches I am losing as well.
    I know this is frustrating but you can do it I have faith!
  • sherambler
    sherambler Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I cannot speak for other people, but I tend to hover at the exact same weight for about 10 days and then drop 3 to 5 lbs in a day or two. Hover at that weight for about 10 days then drop 3 to 5 lbs over the next day or two. It's strange but consistent for me. Perhaps your body just likes to sit at its new weight for a while before letting go.

Also, bear in mind that body's take time to adapt, so if you're adding a lot of new exercise, your body may just want to think about what's going on before deciding to let go of any weight. Body's a built to survive, which is why drastic results rarely stick. You're establishing brilliant habits right now that will serve you well throughout this journey.

After reading this post I realized that this is sort of what my body does too (when I actually let it). I'd never considered this type of cycle. Normally, I'd get so frustrated at losing no weight for a week that I get into a bad habit spiral. Real good food for thought. I'm going to keep this in mind for the next couple of weeks and see what I notice.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    It's okay to rant sometimes. Now that you got it out, it's time to get back to work. :wink: You've gotten some good tips so far, and I just want to add t o them. First, the scale can be a very cruel, sometimes kind, unpredictable machine, which means we shouldn't rely on it solely. As mentioned, take your measurements. Also, take pics. Finally, bask in the non-scale victories. They will make the journey much more enjoyable.

I realized I didn't want my joy being determined by a number on the scale, which is why I only weigh myself every few weeks. Since doing that, I always see a loss.
  • Athena42006
    Athena42006 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't lose weight when I do shred but my body feels better.......my two cents :)