Wild Half Marathon - May 18

a6pack
a6pack Posts: 21 Member
Hey - is anyone running the Wild Half Marathon on the 18th? This will be my second 1/2 marathon... ever. The last was the Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon in Washington DC back in March. At 48 years old, I won't be the fastest nor the most graceful runner but at least I'm doing it! I'm really looking forward to this run along the ocean.
Although it wasn't easy at first for me to get up off the couch and to get out to start a run, I soon discovered I really loved the feeling I got after I finished. I look forward to getting out for my runs now and the thrill and exhilaration of participating in a race is just icing on the cake! And speaking of cake, I also love to see the extra calories that MFP says I can eat after a good run! :tongue:

Wave if you see me along the course!

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Hope you have a good one with great weather. Looks like it might just cool off for great temperature conditions.
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Have fun! We had our 5/3 Riverbank run 25K last weekend. I will admit it depressed me not to run. But 14 more days and flat running surface here I come!!

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how it goes.
  • a6pack
    a6pack Posts: 21 Member
    It was a good day to run- cool temps and a very flat course. I got a PR, which wasn't hard given the excellent conditions. It also didn't hurt that this was only my second 1/2 marathon ever- so getting a PR really wasn't hard to do! I enjoyed the course as running along the boardwalk and ocean was as scenic as it was fun! I will certainly do it again next year. Now, on to my 3rd event- the Virginia Wine Country 1/2 Marathon. Again, I wont be running with the leaders, but so what? Someone has to bring up the rear!