What's your weakness?

Options
LuizH
LuizH Posts: 211 Member
I'm sure I'm not the only one? After a horrible few days at work I was so tired this morning that I didn't get out of bed in time to have my coffee. So I picked myself up a latte on the way in to work, and not just a normal size latte, a super, blow-all-your-carbs-in-one-drink-sized latte. My number one weakness on Atkins is most definitely dairy! lol! I've been keeping myself out of the coffee shop because of the temptation, I've even looked into soy-lattes, but to be honest the carb saving isn't enough to justify the nastiness of the soy milk :wink: . Starting tomorrow I am going to try and substitute the milk in my coffee with almond milk.

What is everyone else struggling to give up for Atkins?

Replies

• LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My weakness is chocolate. I do sub the 85% dark chocolate but for some reason if there is milk chocolate in the house I act like a heroin addict. No one is allowed to bring milk chocolate to my house. :blushing:

As far as your dairy weakness. Have you tried heavy whipping cream in your coffee? I miss my lattes too but heavy whipping cream really does the trick for me. I blend 1 to 2 tblsp of heavy whipping cream (low carb), and MCT oil/coconut oil (much needed fat) in my coffee. Sometimes to add a little flavor I use a tsp of coconut or strawberry extract. :drinker:
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My weakness would be chocolate and pasta. Although the pasta craving aren't as bad now as when I started out on Atkins. I still have days I struggle with chocolate though. I usually just go straight to sugar free pudding or something though and its ok. :) Good luck but it sounds like you've got this!!!!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Recently, deep-fried catfish fillets. Need to get back on track!
  • Aerosam
    Aerosam Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Alcohol for me unfortunately.

I used to enjoy a couple of proper real good quality bottled ales a couple of times a week. Really miss the smooth malty..... Mmmmmmm. Sorry kinda zoned out for a minute.

Yeah, beer for me, definitely. Managing to resist so far though!

Dairy and chocolate for me is no problem at all as I'm allergic :) soy milk isn't so bad when you've been drinking it for 30 years or so, and I can have 3 mugs of coffee for 90 calories and 0.5g carbs - WINNER!!!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Not a struggle now but potato chips (could down 2 Sams Club Family Size Lay Chips in the morning alone) was my go to snack.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    French fries and the ease of non-LCHF meals. If I'm hungry, no problem, just pour a bowl of cereal. No need to get out all the cooking gear.

But yeah, french fries. I could eat pounds and pounds of them. Crisp, soggy, thick cut, steak fries, crinkle cut, waffle fries, curly fries, seasoned, burnt, no salt, too much salt... I don't care. Just let me at them.
  • sstolii123
    sstolii123 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have been craving a Whitey's burger and Fries! Yumo!
    Potato chip sound good
    Chocolate sounds like heaven! I should have not read this thread.

I use unsweetened soy milk in my coffee and I do like it, I tried unsweetened Almond milk and I didn't like it all>
  • _tierachanel
    _tierachanel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Potatoes! Mashed, baked, Fried... doesn't matter how its prepared that's what I find myself craving. Especially the first 3 or 4 days when the cravings are constantly poking at your brain.

Also another thing is alcohol. I always stick to vodka and diet pop but the alcohol stalls weight loss most of the time.
  • LuizH
    Options
    I was really craving potatoes last night. My husband makes the best mashed potato in the whole world, and I could quite happily sit and eat bowlfuls of lovely, buttery mash! But I'm so glad I didn't eat them, because when I weighed in this morning I was a pound lighter than yesterday ;-)
  • christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I was really craving potatoes last night. My husband makes the best mashed potato in the whole world, and I could quite happily sit and eat bowlfuls of lovely, buttery mash! But I'm so glad I didn't eat them, because when I weighed in this morning I was a pound lighter than yesterday ;-)

Yeah for you!!!
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm just back on induction today after losing 16lb in the first 3 months of this year then giving into my weakness....cow's milk for lattes, which turned into a 2 month carb binge!!!

I really struggle to do without milk and convinced myself that I should be able to have coffee shop lattes with milk etc etc, but no...I can't as I then have my 2nd weakness which is all things sweet; chocolate, cake, buns mmmmmm yummy!!

I've been having almond milk but can only manage it if I have a little bit, so for those who have tried soy milk what is it like? Is it nice enough to have a latte for example? I don't have added sugar in coffee so it would need to be not sweet! I really want to be able to go to Starbucks but they only do soy as an alternative :(
  • LuizH
    Options
    I've started having almond milk. I like it in tea, but I need loads in coffee to get the same effect as a small amount of cow's milk. I'm still saving plenty of carbs by having the large amount of almond milk, but it's costing me a fortune in almond milk! I've avoided soy milk because it always seems to separate when I try it in coffee.

On Saturday I treated myself to a decaff soy latte in Costa. A medium latte cost me 10g carbs compared to 15g with full fat milk or 16g with skimmed milk, so it's still not good, but a better option. After drinking almond milk in my coffee for a few days the soy latte tasted really rich in comparison, I enjoyed it much more than I was expecting. Having said that, at 10g carbs per drink it will have to remain as an occasional treat!
  • Giggles40
    Giggles40 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are my kryptonite :-(
    But I've swapped out potato chips for zucchini chips.

Last year I bought a food dehydrator and I've made zucchini chips and I have to say they're amazing and very crunchy like chips.
    Back in the day I would easily pay $7 for two jumbo sized Costco bags of potato chips. But now I'd rather pay $7 on fresh zucchini, slice them with my mandolin and season with spices then dehydrate for a healthy crunchy treat.

Plus I've also made other treats for my family such as banana chips, dried mango, dried strawberries, fruit leather and kale chips, etc.
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Alcohol, white wine specifically. But I don't!