Splash Page

Options
courtneysmith96
courtneysmith96 Posts: 19 Member
First off, a huge congrats to those making healthy choices daily and to those who've made the progress they want to make. That's awesome! For those who haven't been doing as well as they'd intended, you're not alone. I've really been struggling with portion sizes and getting enough exercise lately (however, I've found that this app "pacer" is fun to see how much you walk. it's basically just a fancy pedometer :bigsmile: ).

Sooo... how about we use this as a sort of 'spill out all the things that are blocking you from your goals' page. Sometimes it's nice to just let everything go and just whine a little. Some studies say a little whining is beneficial and stress relieving! I also find it helps to recenter myself to write out what it is I'm doing wrong, what I'd like to be doing instead and how I'm going to change it. I hope ya'll like this idea and use it to your advantage. But, if word-vomit isn't your thing, then it isn't your thing. No worries. :smile:

I'll start us off. These past two weeks have been busy with school, but as of yesterday I am finally out of the worst (academically). Since I've been spending so much time studying, I decided to not be so harsh on myself so I could focus better but am seriously regretting it now thinking about how I could have been that much closer to my goals if I'd been disciplined. I'm scared to weigh myself because I hadn't been making much progress before these past two weeks and now... lord... But I've been to a few yoga classes and found that I like my studios 'yoga for flexibility' class because it makes me sweat (yes yoga can do that. i didn't believe it at first either), sore the next day (again, huge surprise), and it centers me and relaxes me. I've also picked up my brushes and pencils again and have been making a few pieces when I have the time which has been super relaxing. As for my diet, there are no grey areas. I'm either dining on salad, fish, assorted veggies or fruit or I'm packing on the pounds with ice cream, chocolate or any assortment of gluten free goodies. I have a problem of setting too aggressive of goals and then falling hard off the band wagon, yet for some reason I never learn and always convince myself that "this time will be different"... Overall I'm feeling optimistic. despite some set backs with my food choices and lack of much aerobic and strength exercise, I'll have a lighter academic load until june 11 (when I'll be officially on summer break and hopefully starting an internship with ventura foods), so I'm planning on using this time to really work to make myself feel as good and look as good as I know I can. I've only got one life and one body to live it in and I'm not about to let myself waste either! :happy:

Replies

• 5MommaJ
    5MommaJ Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm in Courtney. Thanks for the splash page.
    My Whine: I lost 26 pounds since the beginning of the year and by my behavior it appears I am trying to gain it all back in one week. Work has been very stressful. Well actually it's been very very very very stressful. I had been diligent about exercising, eating right, meeting goals of staying in calorie zone, modifying and changing my lifestyle to let the thin person in me that is hiding out. BUT NO..... I reverted to the belief that donuts are the solution to the problem. (The stressful situation at work is that a computer program I do all my reports and work on has been changed to one that I and my coworkers are not familiar with and that has many errors/glitches and ridiculous things to it. The reports are coming due, more work is being added, and the learning curve has to be sharp or I will be buried. It is very hard because the change was mandated and not one that was wanted by company, management or worker but one that has to be.)

What I have been doing wrong: Letting go of my goals, not sticking with it. Losing focus. Letting circumstance control me rather than living....feeling low. er... maybe feeling sorry for myself.

What I would like to be doing: Riding my bike, enjoying that my skirt is not to tight. Not seeing a fat belly or fat face. I would like to feel energetic. I would like to feel positive.

What I am going to do different: I will remember not everyday is like today. Tomorrow is a new day and no reason I can't meet my goals and enjoy the day. I plan to remember donuts are not the solution. I will add value to my life by including things that bring me enjoyment
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. My wall is really what life has dealt me right now. Stress, illness, lack of support, etc. all of this is making it hard on me. I am not exercising at all. I am just calorie counting. However, i find I too am all or nothing. I had a treat last week, a sundae. It led to three days in a row of sundaes. :/
    Anyhow, I am doing what I planned, maintaining or slow loss, but boy is this too slow. I wish I could kick my own booty into gear. I know .i could use the endorphins from running, but i cant seem to get myself out o f the door without guilt or someone needing me.