Does the Weather Affect Your Mood

Options
KreeativeKat
KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
It's a windy, wet morning and I don't like windy, wet weather. I hate going out, so it looks like a day indoors. Problem is, even though I have lots to do, I tend to drink more coffee and then I find myself hovering around the biscuit tin. Oh dear.:frown:

Replies

• jolene_CO
    jolene_CO Posts: 48
    Options
    Yes, the weather affects my mood. Living in Colorado, where we get outrageous wind storms, I've found that strong wind makes me very irritable. I don't mind rain as long as I don't have to be out in it, although I love running in a heavy fog.
  • praevalere
    praevalere Posts: 24
    Options
    Wind also annoys me. I used to live in SW Kansas, which is home of one of the windiest places in the US (dodge city). I know at least once it was ranked number 1 windiest city in the US, although sometimes it doesn't get much recognition because it is a small town. More and more I find that cold also does the same thing to me (puts me in a rather disagreeable mood). A few years back I moved from Denver to Tampa, and then to Maryland. Tampa was amazing. Winter felt like it was 2 weeks-1 month long at best, whereas the year I left Denver it snowed in early May (yes, I know it can snow even in the dead of summer higher in the mountains). Eventually I would like to move back to a warmer, year-round climate. My gf says she likes that we have four seasons, and I used to think that way, but now days I would prefer just three (or less).
  • Northern_Girl12
    Northern_Girl12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually like rain, it kind of makes me feel relaxed, like it's ok to just stay inside and take a breather (maybe comes from growing up on a farm). I would say really hot weather would be the worst for me.
  • jolene_CO
    jolene_CO Posts: 48
    Options
    Wind also annoys me. I used to live in SW Kansas, which is home of one of the windiest places in the US (dodge city). I know at least once it was ranked number 1 windiest city in the US, although sometimes it doesn't get much recognition because it is a small town. More and more I find that cold also does the same thing to me (puts me in a rather disagreeable mood). A few years back I moved from Denver to Tampa, and then to Maryland. Tampa was amazing. Winter felt like it was 2 weeks-1 month long at best, whereas the year I left Denver it snowed in early May (yes, I know it can snow even in the dead of summer higher in the mountains). Eventually I would like to move back to a warmer, year-round climate. My gf says she likes that we have four seasons, and I used to think that way, but now days I would prefer just three (or less).

As a current resident of Morrison, CO, I tell you that we got 12" of snow for Mother's Day. A foot of snow. I hope that was the last of it.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a summer girl. I'm not motivated on those gloomy days. As long as I have sunlight I'm good to go. I've been getting up early to workout and bright mornings help me feel like I can do anything. The weather in Geogia gets pretty hot but mornings are usually nice.
  • Smurfette4eva
    Smurfette4eva Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Augh! Arkansas weather can be really annoying! The heat, of pre summer to the beginning of August, makes me want to just stay cool. The winter months makes me just want to eat comfort food and cuddle up with a book. That's no longer a possibility. If it's too hot or cold to workout outside, low impact aerobics, strength training, walking (briskly) upstairs covers it for now.