Interested - what have you had the most success with?

Options
IAmABetterMe
IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
Interested - what have you had the most success with in losing weight? I know it will be slow....

Have you gone Gluten Free?
Are you Vegetarian?
Are You low Carb?
Are you all three or any combo?

Replies

• kcox611
    kcox611 Posts: 2
    Options
    I went Gluten, soy and sugar free about 2 1/2 months ago and count calories (limit 1200, although I go over a little most days) and I have lost 14 pounds so far!! I try to make sure that I have a little bit of protein every 3 hours or so - little piece of cheese, a nut, something. I'm very lucky that I have not had to give up dairy or nuts, but I'm learning to try new things. Last night I made zucchini Au gratin, because I can't have potatoes. It was delicious!! Hang in there.
  • suzfimbres
    suzfimbres Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start a gluten free, dairy free, soy free diet with very little added sugar as soon as I'm feeling better from my laparoscopic surgery. I'll also be meeting with a nutritionist soon to see if any other foods are triggering the autoimmune reaction from my Hashimoto's. I'll keep you posted on if it works for me! I think the best way to approach it will be a modified Paleo kind of diet. We shall see!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Per my endocrinologist, I didn't change my diet when diagnosed with Hashimoto's. I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums, and ignore carbs & fats.

Pretty much everything I learned along the way is covered in this forum post: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants