Tell us about today's walk

Options
kawookie
kawookie Posts: 813 Member
I thought having a thread to report about our daily walks was a good idea. So I'll start:

Saturday: I did a 5 mile walk with Leslie Sansone

Sunday: I did a 45 minute walk in the neighborhood

Replies

• IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.
    How does posting to this challenge thing work?

Do folks just start topics under the general thread, or post their random posts under the main thread, which in this case is "Walk away the lbs 6 week challenge"

I am thoroughly confused.

I guess it shows though I have been a member of MFP for donkey years, I am yet not conversant with how things roll.

In other boards I have been members of, folks just post under the main thread of the challenge, so there is only one thread for that challenge going.
  • Beloved1rv
    Beloved1rv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today was my first walk. I did the two mile. It is available on YouTube for free! My allergy and asthma were acting up, but thanks to this challenge & God's grace, I was able to complete it! I feel great! I really want exercise to become a habit. Have a great day!
  • Krishna_Veni
    Krishna_Veni Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    i was walking in place in home for one month and lost 8lbs along vth exercise. i was on vacation in moms home from 10days not able to do properly. today only i came back to own home and done 30min walk. i m feeling vry good.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Today, the weather is absolutely gorgeous so a friend and I are going to take a leisurely stroll around a local park. :)
  • EmiDeeDoo
    EmiDeeDoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I did the 60 minute 4 Mile Challenge on my Leslie SansoneDVD (and then rode my stationary bike while I watched Despicable Me). Feeling pleasantly sore today, so I'll probably do the same again. :) Congrats to everybody getting started!

@ICanIWill: I don't think there's really a set rule to how posts work, it's just that some groups gravitate toward sticking with one or two threads and others have members who post whatever strikes their fancy.
  • SarahLou2990
    SarahLou2990 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yesterday and today I decided to just start off with the 1 mile walk which lasts about 20 mins. It was actually pretty good, managed to get a sweat going. So will continue with the 1 mile each day for the rest of this week in the morning's and see how we go, as I workout to aerbocs during the day.
  • IcanIwill1
    Options
    Yesterday I did the 60 minute 4 Mile Challenge on my Leslie SansoneDVD (and then rode my stationary bike while I watched Despicable Me). Feeling pleasantly sore today, so I'll probably do the same again. :) Congrats to everybody getting started!

@ICanIWill: I don't think there's really a set rule to how posts work, it's just that some groups gravitate toward sticking with one or two threads and others have members who post whatever strikes their fancy.
    Thanks a lot.
    I will now know to read through all the topics then.
    That was helpful.

Re walking..I have just finished the first of my twice daily 4.7mile walk.
    I was aching from the almost 25miles I clocked for Sat & Sun combined walk miles.
  • IcanIwill1
    Options
    Still on vacation.
    Just finished part one of my twice daily walk. ...It showered a bit during the walk, but soon cleared up as I went on.

I am glad I did, I was looking at the weather and wondering if it was a good idea to go when I did.

I feel so good.
    4.7miles done.
  • bettyjoburdett
    bettyjoburdett Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I did not walk for 2 days due to some family issues and today I could feel the lack. I have been doing the Leslie 3 mile with pilotes and today I could not hardly finish the 2 mile. I just felt exhausted and weak. I got into the pool for an our or so and stretched, walked through the water, and played around. I am hoping that tomorrow an on is better and I can get back into my routine. I also binged yesterday which made me kind of sick today. :sad: :sad: :sad:
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble:
  • shuntia982003
    Options
    I did the 3 mile walk yesterday and today, yesterday I completed one mile while holding my 4 month-old. Sunday I did the 2 mile and Monday I walked around the track at my daughter's school for 45 min.
  • Beloved1rv
    Options
    My asthma and allergies were making it very difficult yesterday but I was able to do a one mile walk. I am celebrating the fact that I didn't just use my breathing as an excuse.
  • Beloved1rv
    Options
    Go you!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, was a 30 minute walk with 5lbs weight training (LS's Walk Strong). I also did some pilates to hopefully strengthen my core and get rid of my belly.