Week 3 check in

Options
2»

Replies

• fowlerly
    fowlerly Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ok so i did 3 days of the week 3 workout, but then I had a keratin treatment done to my hair and can't pull it up or get it wet for a couple of days so that messed up this weeks workout. I also just joined a gym and will be starting a weight lifting routine on Monday. My question is should I continue with ripped in 30 and start week 3 over on Monday even though I am also doing a weight lifting routine at the gym?
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I have been feeling like hell this week so I pretty much fell way behind! I can't exert myself for I go into a coughing fit. So when my throat isn’t killing me I’ve tried doing the treadmill. I will be starting week 3 over either Sunday or Monday. Looks like Ripped in 30 has turned into Ripped in 40 for me! Have a great weekend everyone!
  • tmjdunn
    tmjdunn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Got Day 4 in today. Once again noticed improvement. Probably going to do a second workout tonight of Walk away the Pounds just to get some added burn in.

Take care of yourself TurboTam! Nothing wrong with taking is slow so your body can heal!
  • ChippleMunk
    ChippleMunk Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I am so impressed that I managed those results... it has boosted my motivation for sure!

Day 2 today. From the get-go it's crazy! I have really bad balance and stability, but was able to do a little better today. And cycle 1 with the bear crawls, duck walks.... OMG, my legs!!!!! I can't do rock and roll abs either, I can't smoothly fall to the ground like that so I am doing leg raises instead. The last one that I really struggle with is the one where you lay on your side and lift your upper body up... how do you do that?! Any tips on that??
  • ChippleMunk
    Options
    So, since Jillian has kicked my butt so well I looked up her other workouts and found this giving brief descriptions and reviews of all her others. I thought this was a good resource and I wanted to share this for anyone else wanting to do another one of her workouts.

http://weightlossnstuff.hubpages.com/hub/Jillian-Michaels-Workouts
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys! I am so impressed that I managed those results... it has boosted my motivation for sure!

Day 2 today. From the get-go it's crazy! I have really bad balance and stability, but was able to do a little better today. And cycle 1 with the bear crawls, duck walks.... OMG, my legs!!!!! I can't do rock and roll abs either, I can't smoothly fall to the ground like that so I am doing leg raises instead. The last one that I really struggle with is the one where you lay on your side and lift your upper body up... how do you do that?! Any tips on that??

Did you try the modifier, with the bottom leg bent? also, don't be afraid to push up with the hand that is flat against the floor, that helps work your triceps as well as your obliques.

Thank you for the JM workout summaries. I have already ordered 6 week abs, which I'm going to start in June. I plan on alternating that with a continuation of the RI30. Even though I'm in week 4, I am still doing some of the moves at the modified level. So next month, i'm going to work through them again and add in the 6 week abs workout. I have a wedding in August that I want to feel my best for, and then friends and I signed up for an obstacle course run in September and a color run in October. So I need to weigh less, be stronger and more fit.

Happy Memorial day everyone!
  • tmjdunn
    Options
    So I totally fell of the workout wagon this weekend, but it is monday...well a holiday so technically still the weekend...so I am gonna get back into the swing of things. I will be doing WK3D5 today. Hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day.
  • tmjdunn
    Options
    Made it through day 5 and I have to say it felt better today than any other. I love seeing the improvement each week. Watched week for to get a preview of what I am in for and all I can say is Bring It!:happy:
  • DAM5412
    DAM5412 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Made it through day 5 and I have to say it felt better today than any other. I love seeing the improvement each week. Watched week for to get a preview of what I am in for and all I can say is Bring It!:happy:

I find sometimes that taking a day (or two) off is actually helpful on the next day that I work out.
  • ChippleMunk
    Options

Did you try the modifier, with the bottom leg bent? also, don't be afraid to push up with the hand that is flat against the floor, that helps work your triceps as well as your obliques.

Thank you for the JM workout summaries. I have already ordered 6 week abs, which I'm going to start in June. I plan on alternating that with a continuation of the RI30. Even though I'm in week 4, I am still doing some of the moves at the modified level. So next month, i'm going to work through them again and add in the 6 week abs workout. I have a wedding in August that I want to feel my best for, and then friends and I signed up for an obstacle course run in September and a color run in October. So I need to weigh less, be stronger and more fit.

Happy Memorial day everyone!

Oh, yeah. I am definitely on modifier and no where near most the bad *kitten* versions. This is my first time through rI30, I figure right now I will just try my hardest and then the next time I go through it I will be more critical of myself. I guess I just don't have the muscle strength for that move just yet.

An obstacle course, that sounds so fun! Is it like a Tough Mudder?