Before and after Piccys?

Options
Hello Laaaadies and Gents!

Not sure if there is an area where people can post their before and after pics if they want to? I can't see anywhere but I'd really love to see some of the amazing successes you've had on here, so many inspirational stories and would love to see pics in a non weird way ;) I find they get me so excited and PUMPED about the journey :))

Could you point me in the right direction or if you don't mind sharing I'd love to see your successes! I'm sure I'll be buying advertising space on billboards after my surgery :) I've hidden from the camera for so many years I can't imagine just letting my poor husband snap away :)) or not having to secretly delete pictures in cameras before they are uploaded or not dreading the Facebook notification saying "xxxx tagged you in a photo" noooooooooo no no where's the untag button quick quick!! You know the feeling :))

It can be so frustrating to have every aspect of your life dominated by your weight- health, confidence, mobility, restaurant exits - scanning an intimate beautiful restaurant for the best possible exit route without getting trapped and the trying to invisibly squeeze between diners while loving squashing a little extra belly in their backs ... Haha maybe that one was a little specific!

Anywoo peeps share share share your strength and determination is my inspiration :)

Kez

Replies

• Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I am an attention *kitten* and love sharing my pictures : )

RNY: 5 years 8 months ago. Highest weight 340 (BMI 53), current weight 138 (BMI 22), 5'7" tall, 47 years old.

Weight loss surgery gave me my life back. I am so thankful!!

5yearsbeforeafter_zpsed51996c.jpg[/URL]
  • Kezonator
    Kezonator Posts: 17
    Options
    Oh wow!! That made me a little teary what a big big change! Congratulations and wow well done!!!!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Just add the pics to your profile and friends can see.
  • Kezonator
    Options
    Hi :) I have only just joined so just have a couple of friends so can't see many pics :) but good to know for the future thanks
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Not sure how Laura8603 did that. I have no buttons for attachments and cannot paste images to the compose window. My pics are in my profile though.
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    bikrchk you're in luck!! rpyle111 just started a thread that explains how to post your pics. Go check it out.

God forbid MFP have an upload photo button...lol
  • sadiegirl32
    sadiegirl32 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Laura you are amazing!
  • jackierhof
    jackierhof Posts: 17
    Options
    LAURA! Congrats! You look amazing!
  • GraceByMySide
    GraceByMySide Posts: 77 Member
    Options

RNY: 5 years 8 months ago. Highest weight 340 (BMI 53), current weight 138 (BMI 22), 5'7" tall, 47 years old.

WOW!!! How inspiring!!!! It can REALLY happen, eh??? I can't wait until next week!!! I'm 47, too and I would just be soooo blessed to have those results! You've obviously worked hard at it!!! Way to go!! :drinker:

~E
  • AndreaK724
    AndreaK724 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What great results. I too am 47 and looking for RNY next month. I no longer dread turning 50 because I know I will the healthiest of my life by that time.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options

your 47?

my god woman you look wonderful and could easily pass for early 30's
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Laura, you really did great!

Here is my work in progress. Today I weighed in 200 pounds below my heaviest ever, which was 75 pounds above my "before" photo.

The before April 30 of last year. The other was taken exactly one year after surgery at a loss of 120 lbs in that 12 months.

14035763822_d0641ac56c.jpg

I can't recall what my starting BMI was, but I know it was north of 70, currently at 45.

As long as I stay on plan and keep those nasty carbs in check, I will get to my goal in another year or so. The time will pass either way, but I can say; It is passing with a lot more joy than it was!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Here is my work in progress. Today I weighed in 200 pounds below my heaviest ever, which was 75 pounds above my "before" photo.

The before April 30 of last year. The other was taken exactly one year after surgery at a loss of 120 lbs in that 12 months.

I can't recall what my starting BMI was, but I know it was north of 70, currently at 45.

As long as I stay on plan and keep those nasty carbs in check, I will get to my goal in another year or so. The time will pass either way, but I can say; It is passing with a lot more joy than it was!

That's fantastic progress! Way to go!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options

14035763822_d0641ac56c.jpg

Great progress! You are working hard and it shows.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Dan I for one am looking forward to seeing your progress over the next year, you are a great motivator!
  • Kezonator
    Options
    Wow DWard59 amazing! What a big difference it's clearly been a lot of work and it shows! Congrats and thanks so much for sharing !!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Figured out how to post pictures!!

798de78b-3373-4fcd-9377-4262263ce612_zpsc89fcfaf.jpg[/URL]

8582bf14-adac-4d9b-9ac7-d91af50de5e3_zps09c53159.jpg[/URL]
  • TiffanyLynne73
    Options
    Laura....You look fantastic!! Your arms are gorgeous. Yep, your arms.. I'm so worried about my wings not going away. I hope I'm as successful as you have been. Congratulations!!
  • Kezonator
    Options
    Wow Garber6th! Incredible :)) so great to see these pics beautiful in both but healthy and more content in the second one is my guess... Amazing ! Thank you for sharing ! Love seeing before and after pics!