Going out to eat... What to do?

Options
FitCoachShawn
FitCoachShawn Posts: 230 Member
Going out to eat is fun and is great because we don't have to cook or clean dishes! :) not sure about but I find it nerve racking and frustrating to make sure I don't stray from healthy eating.

Something I have been doing and my wife does, is we check out the menu on the Internet before we go and have our meals already picked out before we go. This keeps us from getting tempted to want desert, unhealthy meals, and away from temptation. If I don't need to even look at the menu the better chance I have of making a good choice. Also almost every place offers free water with lemon. :)

Next time u go out maybe you can try these tips.

Do you have any tips or tricks you do for eating out?

Replies

• kashaas
    kashaas Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I always order water or unsweetened iced tea to save on calories. I also like to box up half of my food to take home.... A lot of times I just split with the person I'm with. As long as it's not pizza or chips n salsa I'm good...... it's hard for me to control these portions and I always end up eating more than I should.
  • lorim621
    lorim621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Automatically saving half of what you get is a good idea so that you don't eat too much!!!
  • FitCoachShawn
    Options
    Great job. I like the packing half it to go. :)
  • FitCoachShawn
    Options
    Agree!! Some thing new I may try. :)