60 yr old in Ks looking for support and friendship

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm Sandy from Kansas. Joined this site a couple of years ago and stopped for awhile. I have rejoined
and have to lose weight for health issues. Looking for friends to support and motivate me and I will do the same
for you. We can do this together! :)

Replies

• ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Howdy Sandy! Welcome to the group :flowerforyou:

Feel free to send a friend request if you wish - I've been active on MFP for just over 2 months, and still have quite a bit to lose :grumble:
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandy, a very warm welcome :love: we have a very supportive group. I am sending you a friend request. :smile: Cheers, Marian
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Sandy, think how much better you will feel in a year. Yo-yos that go down and up (include me) can really appreciate the value of taking care of one's self. I've read these forums and found it is often a difficult life experience that causes us to fall off the wagon.
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    hayleyandpaigesgrandma Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandi
    Welcome please feel free to add me to your friend list.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandi!
    I, too, am from Kansas and I did send you a message.

This is a great group of 60+. They have been a great source of info and motivation for me.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandi...welcome to our group!:flowerforyou:

Jean
  • sandiebro
    sandiebro Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Sandi.

Another British-born Sandie here. I'm also losing weight for health reasons.

Welcome to the group. Lovely ladies on here, I've discovered. I'm relatively new.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome ot the group and very good luck with your journey- we can do this
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group. good luck on your journey we can do this
  • Claud1313
    Claud1313 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new also. We can do the weight loss journey together.
  • ACrowsDay
    ACrowsDay Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined this group today...I didn't know how to join a group??? LOL I'm not that great with computers... I'm from the country part of New York. South of Seneca and Cayuga Lake...beautiful country! I've been doing MFP for a couple years. I lost probably 20 pounds and slowly put it back on. I have to learn more about maintaining, I guess! This time the doc said I have to lose at least 20 lbs. ...so here I am. I have trouble with acid reflex (Gerd) and High cholesterol. Got to get this under control! We can do this...I'm in! Jen
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies! This is a great group that has a lot of information to share. I hope we will get to know you and that you will be active with the discussions. So glad you found the group!!:smile:
  • jackjb2
    jackjb2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    hi add me if you like we all need the motivation and support
  • capie123
    capie123 Posts: 34
    Options
    I"m 76 and just getting back on track. . You can friend me if you like. I'll never quit. A set back is just that. No ones perfect
  • capie123
    capie123 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm 77 and on a redo. A set back is not failing. Failure is not falling down but failing to get up! My goal is 15lbs.
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Oh dear. I am new to this group but it looks like the person who started this topic is already gone. But I am in it for the long run and finding this supportive group looks like it will really be helpful.

Looking forward to getting acquainted with you all. Have a great weekend.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I start all over again every day.

:laugh:
  • wandakc
    wandakc Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I just re-joined myself. I really appreciate this site and all the support you get. We all need to lose and it is great to get help from like minded people. You can friend me if you would like!!!

Under my picture states I started in 2011, actually I lasted only I month and have just rejoined this month!!
  • ginnylee75
    ginnylee75 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi
    One of my MFP fiends suggested I check out this sight. Looks as if everyone is very supportive. I'm starting over and like everyone else I'm looking for info and support and if I can support others too.:flowerforyou:
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hey G,

Glad you are here. I love what Chrisbtrue said...that she starts over every day. I think that is true.
    Have a good week. M