Tell me about yourself:)

Options
beanholioliolio
beanholioliolio Posts: 13 Member
Tell us a lil about yourself! Your goals! struggles! anything!

Replies

• upasanaD
    upasanaD Posts: 56
    Options
    Hi,

I am struggling with losing my thighs. i am following my diet plan and workout. Losing weight as well. But not from the thighs :(
    i am doing squats and lunges also but no results. Tell me any solutions so that i can cut off fat from my lower body
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hello! 25 almost 26. Mother of one, married and I live the Navy life! My husband and I are both in the Navy, and my struggle is finding the time working out. I always must have balance between work, family, and my health. For the last month or so I have slipped on the whole working out three days a week!
  • bleigh76
    bleigh76 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 37, mother of 2 teenager girls that keep me extremely busy with their sports. I love the busy sports life but also would love more time to take care of myself. My oldest just turned 15, so she only has her driver's permit. So I am still the cab for my girls. They are wonderful supportive kids for me to continue to lose weight and exercise but still not enough for me to make time for myself. I have gotten better, I now exercise at least 5 days a week - 1 hour on my treadmill (Nordic track with Jillian Michaels sd card for 30 minute workouts). I am currently on week 14 and with that exercise and eating healthy, I have lost 34 lbs. I have 73 lbs to go. I love MFP because it keeps me in check in my cal/fat/crbs and water intake along with my exercise log. I am hoping joining this message board will help me stay focused and committed.
    P.S. How do I put the bar on the bottom of my replies with my weight loss record? :)
  • michelleissimo
    michelleissimo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!

i will be 33 years old this friday! last spring, i quit my job for a new offer in a new state, sold a bunch of my things, packed the rest, and moved halfway across the country. in the process, i also ended a several year, live-in relationship with an abusive boyfriend.

needless to say, this past year has been the best year of my life. unfortunately the couple years before that were characterized more by extreme stress and sadness. i gained a significant amount of weight, topping out at 338. i joined my local Y and met the best trainer in the universe at the very end of november, and i got serious about working out sometime in january. i'm currently 306 lbs, but my goal is to be under 200 lbs again. i work out 7 days per week with my trainer (cardio, bodyweight, toning, boxing/mma, and anything else we can think of to keep it interesting).

i generally eat healthy, following suggestions from my trainer. but i have not been food journaling or calorie counting in recent history. i was averaging 10 lbs per month lost, but i'm starting to hit a plateau. so, i figured it was time to reactivate an old myfitnesspal account, and i thought a support group would be helpful with problem solving and new ideas for a chick who is interested in nutrition but also happens to be extremely busy and a horrible cook.

nice to meet you :)
  • beanholioliolio
    Options
    I am having that same problem! my thighs are seriously the only thing that does not change! I did one of those squat challenges for a month tho and that really seemed to tone them up rather them just being a bunch of fat. I would suggest you just stop worrying about losing the fat but rather tone them! just keep at them every day!
  • beanholioliolio
    Options
    lishaalexis, try squeezing in a small workout when your baby is down for a nap! maybe even get your girl to workout with you! my son loves it. when im doing sit ups or a insanity video i always see him drop his toys and try to do some sit ups with me :) make it a family activity. go on family jogs or get your husband in on the workout too!
  • beanholioliolio
    Options
    bleigh76 , That is super awesome that you have lost that much weight! seriously amazing! keeping a steady program for that long is so hard for me. I have tried to start insanity 2 times now and have only made it to the second week before i start to slack off. how do you do it? And I really hope that this group will help eachother stay motivated! and to have the bar below you just go to your profile settings and it should be an option! :)
  • beanholioliolio
    Options
    michelleissim, what you went through is terrible, but your friends and family must be so proud of how you have turned your life around for the better! I hope you meet some really helpful people in this group and stay motivated! and help others stay motivated!
  • sarahsue001
    sarahsue001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 34 and live in the St. Louis area. Recommitting to counting calories because I look and feel better when I do. I cook and eat at home most of the time and constantly trying new recipes that are mostly healthy.
  • beanholioliolio
    Options
    sarahsue001, Welcome! its always good to have a food diary, so you can look back at what you have eaten the past week and see how it changed your weight loss and see if you should probably change what you put in your body next time or if you should keep on eating what your eating! you should post some of your really good recipes that you would recomend :)
  • sarahsue001
    sarahsue001 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple that I like:

High Protein:
    Sesame Chicken
    Serves 4

Ingredients

1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    1 tbsp whole wheat flour flour
    1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
    1/2 tablespoon olive oil
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
    1 tbsp brown sugar
    1 tbsp white vinegar
    1/2 cup low-sodium chicken stock
    1 tbsp sesame seeds
    1 tbsp black sesame seeds (you can also use all regular)

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
    In a small bowl, whisk the chicken stock, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, soy sauce, and white vinegar together. Set aside.
    In another bowl, toss the chicken with salt, pepper, and flour.
    In a large pan (make sure it’s oven safe) heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the chicken in one layer. Cook for three minutes on one side until seared and then flip and cook for another three minutes on the other side.
    Turn off the heat and pour the chicken stock mixture over the chicken, stirring to combine.
    Place the entire pan in the oven and cook for 20 minutes. Then toss the chicken with sesame seeds and serve.

Veggie:
    Fried Chickpea and Arugula Pita Sandwiches with Lime Tzatzi
    Serves ^
    Ingredients

1 cup plain 2% reduced-fat Greek yogurt
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
    2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
    5/8 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 cucumber (about 8 ounces), peeled, seeded, and shredded
    6 (6-inch) whole-wheat pitas, halved
    2 (15-ounce) cans organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
    2 teaspoons ground cumin
    2 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
    1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    8 cups loosely packed arugula
    12 (1/4-inch-thick) tomato slices

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°.
    Combine yogurt, mint, lime juice, 1/8 teaspoon salt, garlic, and cucumber in a small bowl.
    Wrap pitas in foil; bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until warm.
    Place chickpeas in a single layer on paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; pat dry. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chickpeas to pan; sauté 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crispy, stirring frequently. Remove chickpeas from pan using a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, chickpeas, cumin, paprika, and red pepper in a medium bowl; toss well to coat.
    Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, lemon juice, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Add chickpea mixture; toss to coat.
    Fill each pita half with about 2/3 cup chickpea mixture, 1 tomato slice, and 2 tablespoons sauce. Serve immediately.
  • Jackandjillwentupthehill
    Options
    Hi all! My name is Sharona. I am back on MFP trying to get back on track. I need serious support to keep me motivated and thats why I am here. My goal this week is to lose 2 pounds.
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    lishaalexis, try squeezing in a small workout when your baby is down for a nap! maybe even get your girl to workout with you! my son loves it. when im doing sit ups or a insanity video i always see him drop his toys and try to do some sit ups with me :) make it a family activity. go on family jogs or get your husband in on the workout too!

If our schedules were set up for that I would. I have one insane toddler right now. My husband is up at 330 am and I am up at 445. My daughter and I are out the door by 545 am, then i am at work NLT 645, don't get off until about 330-400. I will go to the gym right after I get off so I spend about 30-45 mins at the gym, then go get the toddler, sit in over a half hour of traffic so I won't be home until after five (which in my mind is typical of any family), cook dinner, play time, bath time and her bedtime is around 8, then it is time for me to pack lunches, get things ready for the morning, and of course clean up the house, then start all over the next day. My husband just came back from a 9 month depolyment so yeah I slacked but I am getting back into it. Right now I am trying to get ready for a cross country move to California. Maybe once I can get settled in our new place in three weeks I can get back into a rythm but right now there are a ton of variables that are driving me nuts. Things just started falling into place for the move, and I am still waiting on my bosses to give me the OK for me to leave in two and a half weeks.
  • MsLaToya30
    MsLaToya30 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hi I'm 31 soon to be 32 in a couple of days. I am the mother of one (Micah). I am needing to lose 59 more pounds to be at my goal of 150. I live in Atlanta, GA. I really would like to lose a lot of weight in my thighs and tone them up, and get a flatter stomach. Right now I am doing insanity, and it has been good so far, I'm almost finished with my third week. I have lost 10 pounds so far. So far so good. I am really enjoying MFP so far. I plan to stay active and meet a lot of great motivating people. So Hi GUYS and GALS!!! :wink: