pregnancy after VSG

Options
Is there anyone that has gotten pregnant after their surgery? How long did you wait? And what was your experience?

Replies

• shoerack45
    shoerack45 Posts: 30
    Options
    My surgeon tells us ladies to wait 18 months. No actual experience, but that was their strongly worded suggestions in writing.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I think I had to sign something that said I understood that you needed to be at least 18 months out before pregnancy. The wording was rather dire as was the expression on my surgeons face.
  • kglowins
    kglowins Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My surgeon said I needed to wait one year. I didn't have to sign anything.
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Talk to your surgeon and sign the release to allow your OB/GYN to talk to your surgeon. Mine actually knew each other already from a study they were doing, and after looking at my results to date, I was given clearance to start trying this summer, which will put me about a year out from surgery. They want to make sure you're in a good place with your sleeve, and that your diet and exercise are being maintained. I haven't even gotten to my 50% of excess weight lost yet, so I still have a long way to go. However, in talking with both docs, they feel that I'm in a much better place to sustain a healthy pregnancy now that I've lost 93 lbs and am still losing. Hope that helps and good luck!! :)