Checking in

Options
Aconnors53
Aconnors53 Posts: 12 Member
Well did not do well yesterday with the challenge. Fell into an emotional funk and went to Burger King and got a whopper :sad:

Had a good night's sleep and in a better mood. The morning is beautiful and already went for 1.5 walk with the dog. :glasses:

I will be committed today to the challenge. :happy:

Replies

• Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Great job on getting back on that horse. Starting the day with that kind of a walk is amazing. Emotions can be tricky to deal with. As we lose weight some emotions that are locked in start to surface. Losing weight isn't just about shedding pounds it's also about shedding emotional baggage. You've got this and take it one meal at a time if you need.
  • Aconnors53
    Options
    Didn't bother to track today (again). But I think I did good. Went to a cookout after a parade and opted for no bun with my hot dog and hamburger. And a very small scoop of tater salad.
    Went to the store earlier and got some fresh fruit for the week; watermelon and pineapple. I bought a whole watermelon (it's just me and my husband) because it was a good price. Will live on that for the rest of the week!
  • Aconnors53
    Options
    Tracked breakfast today :tongue:

Worried about my dog Belle.:cry: My husband went to walk her this morning and she wimpered and started to limp in back end. Not sure if it's her hip or not. Unfortunately money is tight this week and really can't afford to take her to the vet. I really felt like calling in sick today and staying with her. But then I wouldn't get paid for yesterday.
    Just walked by the soda machine and really felt like grabbing my cup and filling it up with diet coke. I will be strong though and get water.
    Looking forward to 3:30pm, can't come soon enough for me today.
  • treesponge
    treesponge Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    While soda is tasty, water is so much better for you! Great job not giving in to the soda machine!
  • Aconnors53
    Options
    My dog is better today, what a relief. :happy:

So far so good this week (did not count the weekend) on the challenge. I've been subsituting the cookies with fresh fruit. A healthier way to satisfy the sweet tooth :tongue:
  • Aconnors53
    Options
    Good morning all. Week 2!! :happy:
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm doing alright with things. I haven't caved yet, but I kinda cheat by not having that stuff around. My greatest temptation is going to the grocery store and seeing one of those things on sale, that's when the train of thought kicks in my head to lure me into buying it. I just remind myself that going for awhile without it means also that it will be waaaay too sweet or heavy tasting for me to enjoy it anyways.

@Aconnors53 - I'm so glad to hear that your dog is doing better. I have a fur baby as well and know how hard it is to see them suffering in any way.
  • Ruth142014
    Ruth142014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not doing so well, yesterday i ate a ton of icing and a bit of cake and today ive had a huge piece of chocolate cake for breakfast :( , I've had two exams this week so I think it may be just stress eating?