Fitness? 

Water intake?

Any Questions? 

Any Advice needed or to give?

Replies

• Marlisle
    Marlisle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Things are going pretty good! How are things with you?

I've had a few disappointing moments where I ate over my calorie limit a bit and thus the weightloss has slowed down BUT it's not going to make me quit! This is the way I want to live NOT just a quick diet (I've still lost 7 lbs since starting to log daily, a few weeks ago). I'm also doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and the first day I couldn't even make it through the whole thing doing modifications and now I can!

I REALLY need to take some measurements!

My goal for this coming week is to up my water intake (SO BAD AT THIS!)

One question: Do you think because I'm doing Jillian Michaels that I will start gaining weight from muscle? Or should I still lose as long as I'm staying under my calorie limits?
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think you would still lose, im not 100% sure but at first I exercised a lot and was losing about 2lbs a week if I ate the right amount of calories. This week im working on drinking more water and logging it on the app. Since I've been having trouble lately with getting enough water. I overate yesterday 300 cals but I did ok monday. So far im at 6 cups water mon/tues. Im trying for 8 today.

Things are going pretty good! How are things with you?

I've had a few disappointing moments where I ate over my calorie limit a bit and thus the weightloss has slowed down BUT it's not going to make me quit! This is the way I want to live NOT just a quick diet (I've still lost 7 lbs since starting to log daily, a few weeks ago). I'm also doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and the first day I couldn't even make it through the whole thing doing modifications and now I can!

I REALLY need to take some measurements!

My goal for this coming week is to up my water intake (SO BAD AT THIS!)

One question: Do you think because I'm doing Jillian Michaels that I will start gaining weight from muscle? Or should I still lose as long as I'm staying under my calorie limits?
  • AKAMrsR
    AKAMrsR Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm just (re)starting for the millionth time, so I don't have any real progress to report. BUT, I have only been working out for the past week and already feel a major mood boost. It always amazes me; I think scheduling workouts will be stressful and that I'll be tired, but I feel great! I'm planning to hit the gym tonight when hubby gets home :)

I'm trying not to obsess about weight, but I'll weigh in on Saturday mornings. My short-term goal is to be a size 16 in NY&Company brand by August so I can buy new work clothes for the new school year. I've been a stay at home mom for two years, so I'm excited to get back into my old teaching routine and have an excuse to dress professionally again. I'll keep you all updated!

Hope everyone else is having a success-filled week!
  • lkphilley
    lkphilley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you do gain a little it is because muscle weighs more than fat but muscle will eat the fat so it is better to have the muscle. you will usually see lose in inches when you don't see it on the scale. you are doing good keep it up---happy for you:happy:
  • lkphilley
    lkphilley Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    its not how many times you fall it's how many you get back up
    you will do it ---rooting for you:smile:
  • jillebee44
    jillebee44 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    ]
    How is everyone doing this week?  

OK. Not 100% all the way around. There are many things I could do to make it better. Over ate a few nights (I'm good during the day) Getting back into the swing of things coming up, at least I'm going to try.

Weigh In...lost? Maintained? Gained? 

So far I have maintained. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's not a good thing either when I want to be losing.

Measurements?

I will be taking these this week to see where I am at compared to Feb. (the last time I did them)

Goals? 

My goals are to get back into my exercise routine mostly. I feel eating follows, since I feel good about the workouts I don't want to ruin what I worked for.

Fitness? 

I have mostly been walking on my breaks at work (about 20min at a time) and just getting in 10,000 steps a day. Days off I clean the house or do yard work. So that helps too. I NEED more though.

Water intake?

I usually don't have a problem with this. Work days I drink 4 - 24oz bottles of water a day. My days off are what I slack on

Any Questions? 

No questions at this time :happy:
  • sarahsweightlossjourney
    sarahsweightlossjourney Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an okay week for you :) lots of positives. Good goal to get back into exercise, I like what you said about it incouraging to not overeat. I wish I could work out I miss it so much. Im working on sitting arm exercises with 3lb weights next week. Hopefully they help and I can keep up with it weekly.
    ]
    How is everyone doing this week?  

OK. Not 100% all the way around. There are many things I could do to make it better. Over ate a few nights (I'm good during the day) Getting back into the swing of things coming up, at least I'm going to try.

Weigh In...lost? Maintained? Gained? 

So far I have maintained. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's not a good thing either when I want to be losing.

Measurements?

I will be taking these this week to see where I am at compared to Feb. (the last time I did them)

Goals? 

My goals are to get back into my exercise routine mostly. I feel eating follows, since I feel good about the workouts I don't want to ruin what I worked for.

Fitness? 

I have mostly been walking on my breaks at work (about 20min at a time) and just getting in 10,000 steps a day. Days off I clean the house or do yard work. So that helps too. I NEED more though.

Water intake?

I usually don't have a problem with this. Work days I drink 4 - 24oz bottles of water a day. My days off are what I slack on

Any Questions? 

No questions at this time :happy:
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I'm doing so-so. Went over my calories a few times but that's okay because I only just lowered them from 1700 to 1480 so it's bound to be a struggle for a week or two. I didn't get to exercise because there's something wrong with my abdomen. I only got an appointment with my doctor for the 6th and don't know if I want to risk it til then because it got worse after I worked out last week.

Last weekend I only lost 200g, so I'm hoping for a bit more this week. But hey, a loss is a loss, right? :)

As for muscle vs. fat, you do gain a little bit of weight when you do strength training but I don't think it's so much so quickly that you can really put one week's gain or smaller loss down to muscle building.
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    This week was pretty good. I managed to do 2 fasting days and they went pretty good number wise but not as well on n choosing wise / nutritious foods. I did see a slight scale movement in the downward way but mostly re-loss, so no celebrating yet.

I haven't done measurements in a bit, I think I will do that this weekend.

I do good with water intake and find that it is critical to reducing my food thoughts / obsessions.

With my IF 5:2 plan, I did have a bit of a victory in that I found that I felt very in control and I was able to delay gratification in other areas (impulse purchases). This is critical control if I am going to be successful at de-cluttering my house and living more simply. :)

Sounds like several of you have done great this week! Consistency is key!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    This week has been pretty good.
    Weight loss has been another 2 pounds
    overall measurements
    4 inches off hips in last 8 weeks and 3 off waist and 3 off thighs
    I dont track my water- I drink lots
    I have been walking but I have injured my ankle so took yesterday off , might take today as well then back at it

Sunday starting 30DS