Postpartum Mamas

Options
saintpaulJess
saintpaulJess Posts: 18 Member
I'm about seven weeks out from delivery, and am wondering how you postpartum mamas are doing! How has your recovery been? Has weight loss been slow or fast for you? Have you been able to get back to any exercise?

I hope you're doing well and am looking forward to being on the other side!

Replies

• dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi! My baby is just about 3 mos. I haven't had much opportunity to workout but I've tried to get in a few walks. All the pregnancy weight is gone, now to lose the rest of it! I am breastfeeding so eating lots and losing slowly.
  • saintpaulJess
    Options
    Hi! My baby is just about 3 mos. I haven't had much opportunity to workout but I've tried to get in a few walks. All the pregnancy weight is gone, now to lose the rest of it! I am breastfeeding so eating lots and losing slowly.

Great job! Your little one is adorable.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    My baby is 3 weeks old today. I didn't weigh myself in pregnancy and haven't since, so I don't know how much weight I've lost, but I've been trying on an old pair of jeans, and they do up now, although with a muffin top. They're my 'fat' jeans, so I've got quite a few pounds to go before I get back into my size 12s (US 8s)!

I haven't started logging calories yet, but will do from Monday. I've been for a few walks. I'm going back to the gym in July. I took a payment holiday until then. Physically I'd probably be fine to exercise now, although I'm pretty tired. I have 2 other children too.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    My girl is nearly 6 months old. Initially, I lost all the weight in about 3 weeks. Sadly, though, about 10 lbs crept back on (which is a lot, nearly half of what I gained). I walk 4-8 miles most days, cycle a couple times a week, and use my 17+ lb peanut as a kettle bell...yet I'm not losing any of what I gained back. The good news is I fit into most of my pre-pregnancy clothes, so I'm not sure where the weight is, but I don't like it!

I nursed for 3 months...returned to regular exercise within a couple weeks. Not really sure what this weight gain is all about, but I'm back to serious logging in a hopes to reverse it! I suspect it's due to a lack of eating regularly scheduled meals....
  • wnglng
    wnglng Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My baby is almost 3 mos. old and I have about 7-8 more pounds to go to get to prepregnancy weight, then another 7-8 more pounds to get to my ideal weight. I can finally squeeze into my prepregnancy fat jeans too!!! But hey, that's an accomplishment for me. Ever since I started watching my calorie intake on this website, however, I've noticed immediate results! Hoping to get to my goal weight over the summer.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My baby just turned 2 months old, so I am 8 weeks out. I gained a total of 50lbs with the pregnancy, lost 25 - 30 ish immediately after birth... I have about 18 more to lose to be back to prepregnancy weight... None of my prepregnancy pants fit right now.. I've been back logging and working out (walking mostly) for 2 weeks and have been seeing nice results..
  • krystina_letitia9
    krystina_letitia9 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I was six weeks on Wednesday! I got the go-ahead for exercise and I headed to the gym yesterday. I did a Bodyflow class (typically pretty easy for me in the past!) and I'm ACHING today!

Aside from that, I've lost about 35lbs and have about 15lbs to go to get to PP weight. I gained 40lbs but then gained 10lbs the last week of water weight so I lost that plus 25 more. My first goal is to get to PP weight, then lose about 20 more after that!
  • kozlow27
    kozlow27 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My DS is 13.5 months. The weight loss has been very slow moving for me. Some people lose weight quickly while breastfeeding but I do not. I'm still BFing my little guy so I've struggled with losing weight vs. keeping my milk supply. I don't get too much of a chance to work out besides taking DS on a walk after work (now that the weather is getting nicer).

I tried going back to working out when DS was around 6 months old but he is a horrible sleeper and went from waking up 2-3x per night to like 8x per night. I couldn't keep up with being up all night, working full time all day, AND working out at night. So the exercise had to go. DS still is not a good sleeper at 13.5 months. Last night he was up 2x and that is a really good night for him.

I still have about 10 lbs to lose before getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I likely need to lose 2x that much because of all the muscle I've lost, too.
  • saintpaulJess
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm getting eager to meet my little one and being done with pregnancy.
  • rachael116
    rachael116 Posts: 62
    Options
    You'll be there before you know it saintpaulJess!! Hope you have an easy, uncomplicated and fast delivery :)

I'm still about 12 pounds from my pp weight, but haven't really started exercising yet. I'm on a really restrictive diet (my LO has some intolerance issues) so I've been worried that if I work too hard getting my weight down my supply is going to evaporate. I think my extra flub is helping keep it up actually (at least that is what I'm telling myself). My LO is 15 weeks. Honestly, I also haven't really put in a lot of effort to work-out because I feel exhausted almost all of the time. Hopefully, I'll be back on track soon though.

Great job to everyone for getting things done!! :)
  • tinybry
    tinybry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello! My little one is 5 1/2 months now. I am 9lb above my pre-pregnancy weight and would like to lose around 10lb more after that. I gained 44lb this pregnancy as I was so tired and sick I just ate everything in sight and stopped working out.

I am exclusively feeding (well, we started introducing puree about a week ago, but he still spits it all out, so I don't really count that yet!) so am taking it slowly. I am losing about 1lb a week although have had a few weeks recently where I have not been so good. but I am happy with slow and steady...

I started walking fairly quickly, carrying baby in the sling or in the pram. I didn't do much else until about 4 months though as I had a few issues and waited until they improved and I got the all clear from the physio. I am now doing the walking, 30 day shed, pilates and went for my first run the other day...