Serena's 90 day tracker

Options
smsavoy
smsavoy Posts: 103 Member
A couple of weeks ago, I had a lot of determination to reach my first goal. I joined a gym and had a plan. My plan was to go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday's. On Tuesday and Thursday's I was seeing a personal trainer, it didn't matter how late, it was I was going to the gym on those days. Nothing was going to stop me, as my first goal was to try to lose close to 20 ponds before I went back to the doctors at the end of June. The last time I hot blood work completed, it showed I was borderline diabetic, high cholesterol. The doctor had said if my numbers don't come down, we might need to consider medication. I am determine not to be on any more medicine.

I had been doing great, then this last Wednesday, my body was telling me it was tried. I still kept pushing. I came to realize I was only getting about 4-6 hours a sleep each night. On Thursday I crashed, didn't make it to the trainer, Friday was difficult to go to work. I ended up leaving early. Dinner with my mom and daughter. Got home around six and crashed. I didn't wake up this morning until after six. I still just laid in bed until 11, which is totally not like me.

I am a little upset at myself that I have skipped working out for two days in a row. I had to listen to my body. Now I feel 85% better and t is time to get back on track. I am planning on going to the gym this evening. Sunday's are usually my rest day, can't decide if I want to go tomorrow, or just keep it my rest day.

Anyways, the moral of this is to share, that we all need to listen to our bodies. Another commitment to myself for the next 90 days is to not push myself way over my limits. To work on better time management, so I can still get at least 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

Hooey everyone else is staying committed to their 90 day commitment.

This will be my place, to blog on my 90 commitment and share my journey with the group.

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    It is so important to listen to our bodies. Sometimes we really just need to rest. Also, we need to get adequate sleep each night. Sounds like you're planning to get more rest and get back on your exercise schedule. I hope you continued to eat healthier meals and snacks while you were resting.

Like you, both my blood sugar levels and cholesterol numbers were elevated. Thankfully, after losing a little over 20 pounds with a cleaner diet and regular exercise, my numbers were in the normal range. My doctor was quite pleased, and I was even happier because I definitely did not want to be on any meds. You CAN do it too!!!
  • smsavoy
    Options
    NSV today, I had a jacket I couldn't fit. Couldn't even close it a couple of weeks ago. Today, I out on the jacket and was able to zip it up. It is still a little tight, but I was able to zip it. I was so excited. The little things that keep us going.

I also lost almost 2 pounds this week. It is such an inspiration to do thing or fit thing you haven't done or fit for years.

It is almost two in the morning here right now, as I type this message, I am thinking about going to the gym, but I know I really should be asleep.
  • smsavoy
    Options
    The holiday weekend wasn't that good. I didn't do any exercise or watch what i ate at all. The last time i exercise was Thursday and i had plenty of adult drinks this weekend. I really fell off the band wagon and felt guilty about it.

Since i felt so bad and i was off yesterday, i went to the gym in the middle of the day and did 20 minutes on the elliptical, then i went home, cut part of my backyard, then set in the sun while my friend did the rest. Last night i went to the personal trainer, our session was cut a little short (by 15 minutes) due to a bad storm coming into the area. He wanted to make sure we got home safe before the storm really came our way.

I feel really good about this journey. Yes i may have taken a couple steps backwards, but those steps are showing me life isn't easy and you will face many obstacles, you just have to overcome those size tracks.

NSV, I came to work today and two of my co-workers stated they can really tell I am losing weight. I just wish the scale would say the same thing. I do feel my clothes getting loose, which is a good sign. I am still playing with what I eat, this week, I am trying to eat more protein and less carbs, which is really hard. We will see if the scale moves down at all on Monday.

I have a little less than a month before I return to the doctors, I was hoping for a 20 pound weight lost by then, but reality doesn’t show me that it will happen. I am okay with not making my first goal as long as I am making some progress. I have lost 7 pounds so far, 13 more until I reach my first goal. Then off to the second goal.
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Try not to focus on the scale as much. Celebrate your small victories like saying no to those cookies or by doing some type of exercise for 10 or 15 minutes. I think when we are too hard on ourselves it's when we set up for failure.

I've decided to weigh every two weeks and measure one a month. I've also picked a pair of pants that are hanging at the front of my closet for the measure day. This way if the scale doesn't move as much I can see progress otherwise.

Hang in there! Each day is a new beginning.
  • smsavoy
    Options
    I have to vent this has been an emotional roller coaster for me the last couple of weeks.

My male friend of 16 months is leaving tomorrow to move to another state. I have known now for two weeks, but last night it hit me hard. I am so upset and have been crying all night and most of the day. I know it is for the best that he is leaving, but it doesn't make the hurt any easier. I swear i love him so much; just wish the situation was so different. He has been my support system, a big part of my life. I am going to miss him so much. Moving with him is not an option, they say things happen for a reason and people are brought in our lives for a reason, a season or a lifetime. I guess his reason and season is over.

I am praying this doesn't hinder my determination goal. (I call this new healthy life style a determination goal, because I am determined to be successful). I don't want to get depressed or let this stop me from where i want to be in life. I am going to need so much support and encouragement right now.

I had started going to the gym to not only help with my new lifestyle, but to relieve stress and strength my knee. I will be having knee surgery in a week. The doctor had said the more exercise i can do to build up the muscles in my leg the better.

I hate that this hurts so much, praying for strength. okay my vent is over, thanks for listening.
  • smsavoy
    Options
    I have taken a week off from tracking food, exercise and basically doing anything. My male friend, who had became my lover, best friend and my everything next to my daughter. Decided to move to another state to be with his family. :( We said out good-bye on Thursday, May 29, I didn't feel like doing anything after that, I cried for days. That Sunday, I found out my grandmother was in the hospital, the doctors said we would be lucky if she last thought the week. Then that Thursday, I had knee surgery. When they say when it rains it pours, I felt like that this past week. What else could go wrong.

Today I decided to get back on the wagon, this past weekend has been hard. I am missing my friend, so much and everything reminds me of him. I wish he would call, because I can't call him. My grandmother is still physically with us, and knee surgery went pretty decent. I went to the gym, got on the bike and did some crunches. Each day I plan on adding some more, until I can reach the level I was at before. The doctor has me working from home for the next 4 weeks.

I know since I took a week off, my goal will take a little longer. I am still hoping to be closer to wonderland before my appt on the 27th.
  • smsavoy
    Options
    Life struggles have hit me hard these last couple of weeks. It is time for me to get back on track. I did manage to lose a pound, without tracking or exercise.
  • KreeativeKat
    KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've had so many bad things happen in my life and the way I've learnt to cope is to find something positive even in the worst experience. And it works. If you can stay committed when there is so much going on in your life at present, then the positive is that you're strong, you can cope and you're focused. And most importantly, your desire to lose weight and get fit is greater than your desire to comfort eat.

I read somewhere that rather than say 'I should (eg go to the gym)' you should change that to 'I could......' thereby putting you in control of the situation and making a conscious decision whether or not to do something. Then you can make your decision without feeling guilty and wanting to beat yourself up.

Keep up the good work - I'm following your progress.
  • smsavoy
    Options
    Here's to a new start. Follow-up appointment with the doctor today. Blood levels are still a little high, but have went down some. Thyroid ate stable, which is a good thing. The doctor would like me to lose 23 pounds by my next visit. So time to get back on track all the way.

According to the doctors scale I have lost 7 pound since my last visit. I am very happy with that process, considering, I haven't been exercising or tracking my food Intake for the last four months. Planning meals for the next week tomorrow morning.

Thank you krerativeKat for the message, it means a lot. Determination and encouragement is going to help me reach my goal.
  • KreeativeKat
    KreeativeKat Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I was able to support. I've been thinking about you and hoping it's still going well. The posts are slowing down so it's not easy to know how everyone is doing. I've been a bit naughty this week - the mistake I made was to have chocolate in the house (not a good idea). Keep positive and take each day as it comes. I've found that the exciting thing about life is how it can change in an instant, sometimes for the worst, but mostly for the good. Please keep me up to date of your progress.

Regards