Fitbit bands?

Options
I have read on here several times about people using fitbit bands. Can someone tell me more about them? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both got FitBit Ones. They are not the bands, but a clip on pedometer which links with MFP to measure your steps, flights of stairs and calories burned. It's not perfect, but I find it a great motivational tool to increase my activity. It syncs with your computer to track all of these things as well as sleep, food and exercise (if you want it to).

For a MFP user, I use it to show me my non-sedentary activity calories, and then I enter all of my food and specific exercise into MFP. The two websites communicate pretty well together.

The FitBit Flex is the wristband which tracks all of these things but doesn't show the display. You have to use a smartphone or computer to see what is the display of the FitBit One.

I opted for the clip on, and keep it on my keyring. One of the concerns is that the clip one one is so small it is easy to lose.

Any other specific questions, just ask. I love mine!
  • sue100194
    sue100194 Posts: 129
    Options
    I've had a fitbit band for about a year and I love it. It is set up to automatically tell my phone and my computer and MFP how many steps I've taken during the day and emails weekly reports to me. The first band I had didn't last long (because there is only ONE way to insert the fitbit into the band and I'm a slow learner. LOL) but fortunately the fitbit comes with two bands. Just this weekend I bought another set of replacement bands. They really last a long time as long as you treat them right.
  • Ujj7
    Ujj7 Posts: 51
    Options
    i lost my fitbit flex on vacation, but loved it before that. It sync with an iphone app. Just be careful it is fastened securely! I am waiting to get a new one (they cost $99) until I get my surgery date set.
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fit Bit Flex is the one I got. I love my fit bit. I even use it to do alarms (I forget to eat) and it reminds me every hour to do something, walk, eat, drink whatever it makes me conscious of the fact that I should look at the clock and do something. It also records your sleep if you work it right and tells me everything i do and the calories I burn. Literally love this thing.
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip (the basic one) and I love it!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Love my fitbit flex. I've had it 2 weeks
  • wink77
    wink77 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've worn the flex for about a year. Love it!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wearing a FitBit Force since January - love it. The combination of the FitBit and MFP is an absolute winner. I set MFP to sedintary and capture all my burned calories through the FitBit. The websites are linked to each other and very easy to use. Frankly I do not think I would have had the results I have had without learning to use these two tools.
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit force, I love mine as well. Its a little silly, but it really does motivate me to be more active. You can't buy the Force right now, (some folks had skin irritation, so the pulled it off the market and did a recall - I had no trouble, so I kept mine), but the Flex is similar. Some folks have trouble with the band not staying fastened, particularly with the Force, but sometimes also the Flex. I bought a rubber band that goes over the clasp, and now I have no worries about losing mine. Its called a "bitbelt" , you can find it online for about $5 each. I really recommend it.
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    What a great invention. I am going to purchase one this week. Thanks for your information.