Traveling - Finding a Box on Vacation

Options
abbyrae1
abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
Hey Everyone, I'm going to be traveling a little bit over the next month and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions of boxes to drop in on.

My husband and I will be in Prescott AZ early June, though we aren't afraid to drive a little if there is one that is highly recommended (also, we fly into Phoenix, so that is an option)

Also, I'll be heading to the Cary/Raleigh, NC area late June.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!

Replies

• NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Abby,

I belong to an awesome box in Morrisvile/Cary/Raleigh area -- Silver Star Crossfit. No matter where you're staying in the Raleigh/Cary area, it will be easy to get to (it's only a few miles from the airport). The owners love to have travelling CFers come join us in a workout. When you know the dates, just give them a heads up. Or send me a message and I can give you more details.

Steve
  • abbyrae1
    Options
    Awesome Thanks Steve! I will keep it in mind
  • jordymils
    jordymils Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Hey Abby,
    Can't give you recommendations on good boxes (unless you're travelling to Australia!!) but here is an awesome site that has stacks of boxes all over the world. I've used it to plan where I'll be training next month when I'm in Brazil :P

http://map.crossfit.com/
  • petzilla
    petzilla Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    In /Raleigh NC area checkout CrossFit Invoke it's Christmas Abbott's box and from what I hear a great CrossFit Gym!
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Awesome Thanks Steve! I will keep it in mind

There are a few in Raleigh and in Cary, so you should have plenty of options to chose from.

If you are a Clint Eastwood fan, apparently one of the boxes in Cary is run by the guy who played Swede in Heartbreak Ridge.
  • abbyrae1
    Options
    Hey Abby,
    Can't give you recommendations on good boxes (unless you're travelling to Australia!!) but here is an awesome site that has stacks of boxes all over the world. I've used it to plan where I'll be training next month when I'm in Brazil :P

http://map.crossfit.com/

Thanks Jordy!
  • abbyrae1
    Options
    I thought about checking out Crossfit Invoke, looks like an awesome space.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    I thought about checking out Crossfit Invoke, looks like an awesome space.

It's close to downtown Raleigh too if that is where you'll be.

I went to NC State so I have a ton of friends down there and a few who do CF. I'll ping them to see where they go and what they recommend.

Where are you staying?
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Bonus for Invoke (From their web site)

Single day Drop In Rate – $25 (Includes shirt on first visit!)
  • abbyrae1
    Options
    I saw that!

I'm staying in Cary