Help! Surviving Summer.

Options
Shenanagins85
Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
Hey Folks.

I am using alternative food products to cut back the cost for the IP program. Yesterday, would have been 28days no sugar, no bread, no fruit. I totally blew it. I was craving Pizza Hut so bad, and my husband brought some home for dinner. I caved and had some, 2 slices and then proceeded with some chocolate chips. I know this will set me back about a whole week. I don't know what happened, its like I lost total control and it's not even full blown Summer yet. I need to know how you have survived the Summer, cookouts, how to deal with and push past your cravings. The pizza tasted so nasty to me but the chocolate, was AMAZING! I don't want to fall back in my old habits especially when I have been doing so well. Please help me with any advise you can share, I would greatly appreciate it. I know this isn't an easy process but after yesterday, I'm doubting myself. Please help.

Replies

• ljlantgen
    ljlantgen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! Just get back on the plan and make sure you drink a lot of water. Not sure what phase you are on. If it isn't phase 1 just go back to a phase 1 day then carry on. If you can get some exercise in to offset then do that. I'm on phase 4 and when I go over I get on the treadmill and burn more calories and go to a phase 1 the next day. You can do it! It is hard and summer is especially hard! It is sooo worth it. I can finally wear shorts and a swim suit and tank tops! I have been wearing baggy lose clothes every summer for years.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    One thing I find hard is going out with people when they are having a few drinks. A good way to have them not ask you too many question, thus tempting you even more, is to bring a Mio or any 0 cal water flavour pack with you. So then, everytime you get a big glass of water, add a few drops and it will look like a fancy cocktail! No questions asked :)

I also physicaly try to get an arms reach away from platters of food.

IP also has the non restricted BBQ crisps. Also, I have cut a fresh zuccini into slices and brought a baggie's worth. It's much better fo you to cheat by having to many veggies one day then hitting the desserts and junk food.
  • MamaGraff
    MamaGraff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    We all have our little break downs. I had a rough week as well. My cheats were little but still affected me big time. I drank water with sodium in it....who knew!!!!! I had some cheese, some not so good salad dressing....silly little things.
    I have always found this program to be easy however I think because I am so close to goal, I overlooked things. Tomorrow I am weighing in and I am still hoping to be down a pound.
    Just pick yourself up and start again. Make sure that this is the right program for you! It doesnt fit everyones lifestyle. I personally love it but I understand its not for everyone. Keep your chin up!
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I have decided to keep on pushing threw, someone had recently said to me it was the easiest/hardest plan they have ever had to stick to and I agree. I really needed the extra support, thank you very much. I plan on chucking threw the best I can. I'm glad I'm not alone out there. Thanks again :)
  • pamelasgeorge69
    Options
    Stay strong you can do it!

I am in phase one and it is showing me how strong I really am. I am stronger that what I put in my mouth, I am stronger than my cravings. I am strong and so are you!

You. can. do. this.