Snack Attack Treats?

Options
Chanti1620
Chanti1620 Posts: 92 Member
Hey Ladies,
What are somethings you eat when you are having a snack attack?
For instance, I love chocolate and i also love to cook/bake.
So instead of buying cookies, i just make my own with really good ingredients!
I can only have 1 cookie because i have an issue with making things small, lol and my cookies are really HUGE

What have you found that works for you guys?
and if you have any great recipes would you mind sharing them?

Thanks Ladies =)

Replies

• Mello_Rello
    Mello_Rello Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I usually eat greek yogurt with blueberries, a drizzle of honey, and a little granola. Or I do arugula salad with chopped watermelon, feta cheese, cranberries, and balsamic vinegar...those are the healthy snacks.
  • MsDeeDee25
    MsDeeDee25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I eat fruit, raw veggies, salad or nuts.
  • PinkCupcakes220
    Options
    Frozen mango slices or frozen grapes usually help me.
  • JuliaANelson
    JuliaANelson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    On a good day, bluberries or carrot sticks. On a bad day, chocolate.
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I too am a fan of making my own. I eat lower in carbs, so I make LC versions of cookies, etc.

To help with making them too big, I use a tablespoon scoop to keep the portions even (which means when I plug the recipe in on MFP, the portion is true to size).

As for what I like to snack on:
    Homemade Choc Chip Cookies
    Berries
    Cheese, cheese, and maybe a bit more cheese
    Homemade LC granola/cereal
    Homemade Protein bars
    Homemade pumpkin pie tarts
  • knucklesammie
    knucklesammie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    sounds like you have sugar addiction like me! the best way for me personally to beat that in the most healthy way is frozen grapes! they give me something sweet yet are super low in calories - and good for you! yes! give it a try, it was the only thing that has worked for my sweet tooth lol :)
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love to make sweet things and bring them to work and share, that way I only eat 1 to 1 1/2 slices then no more. Co-workers love to help me eat all the sweets I make

When i'm making sweets for home --I make brownies/cookies/muffins (fruit kind) in the mini muffin pans, that way I can only eat a few--once I see a "handful" in my hands my mind says STOP!!!

If I don't use the mini muffin pans I teand to over eat the sweets...
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    I try to eat something that won't kill my calories like grapes or melons (honeydew, watermelon, or cataloupes). If that doesn't work then I'm all in for chocolate.
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I love treating myself to fancy cheeses from the store, especially this port wine infused cheddar I bought recently. Wasn't sure if it'd be good but oh man... it's amazing! It's hard to stop at the 1 oz serving.

I also enjoy. . .
    celery with 2 TBSP almond butter
    walnuts
    dark chocolate
    plain Greek yogurt
    sliced deli meats
    cucumber slices with goat cheese (love tangy flavors if you can't tell lol)

or making my own low carb baked goods like Gabybaby, or the OP but unfortunately I don't always have the time. My most recent treat was low carb mini red velvet cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Delicious!
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    My most recent treat was low carb mini red velvet cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Delicious!
    Ummm....recipe please!! :laugh:
  • Apinget
    Apinget Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My most recent treat was low carb mini red velvet cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Delicious!
    Ummm....recipe please!! :laugh:

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/593996-red-velvet-cake-w-cream-cheese-frosting.html

here you are! Just make sure you lower the baking time to 20-30 minutes if you make cupcakes since the recipe is factored for a cake. I made the mistake of burning my first batch...oops :embarassed:
  • marisol2066
    marisol2066 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    For something protein packed: Plain greek yogurt with a little bit of peanut butter, a drizzle of honey and some banana
    For something sweet: Homemade banana muffin or cupcake (we used a healthy recipe), about 3 large strawberries sliced and a drizzle of honey (about 1 tsp) - a delicious dessert and only about 160 calories
  • shaythep
    shaythep Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen grapes. Very delicious. Or I make peanut butter cookies. One cup of natural peanut butter. One cup of cane sugar. Two brown eggs. Mix ingredients and then bake them for 15 minutes.
  • GabyBaby916
    Options
    http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-recipe-help-suggestions/593996-red-velvet-cake-w-cream-cheese-frosting.html

here you are! Just make sure you lower the baking time to 20-30 minutes if you make cupcakes since the recipe is factored for a cake. I made the mistake of burning my first batch...oops :embarassed:
    Thanks! I'll be trying this recipe over the weekend!
  • nikki_livefree
    nikki_livefree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I also love to make my own treats and do swaps for healthy ingredients ie. Almond Flour or Coconut Flour, Natural Sweeteners like Honey, Dark Chocolate or Cocoa Nibs, Dried Fruit (Dried Blueberries are amazing!! )
    My favourite sweet treats to make right now is Granola Bars (you can add anything in your cupboards nd you can sneak in flax, chia seeds, quinoa and more!)
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    PB2 w/ chocolate w/ an apple is my favorite afternoon snack right now.
  • aquariuanjourney
    aquariuanjourney Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I normally bake oatmeal raisin cookies, or eat pineapples, or have about 4 or 5 frooties.
  • cammio13
    cammio13 Posts: 2
    Options
    I've just started on my weight-loss journey, but I have a similar love for baking that a lot of you have mentioned. I've been experimenting with "healthy" coconut cupcakes. I haven't got them completely right yet, but using coconut milk and low fat cream makes and excellent "frosting". Using sweetener instead of sugar and low fat spread instead of butter makes a big difference (I heard some people use low fat greek yoghurt too?). The flour is one thing I haven't quite gotten around yet, but maybe using almond flour or something would work? (I comfort eat, so finding something similar to my usual favourites is really important to me!)
    I love some of the recipes on here, and will be trying them out later, thanks everyone :)
  • AmelodyAngel
    AmelodyAngel Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Great ideas...... I try also sweet potato with coconut oil and a lil cinnamon and nutmeg!
  • amflournoy
    Options
    A slice of Ezekiel Bread toast with almond butter and sweetened shredded coconut on top. So good and kills my sweet cravings!