June 2014 Who's in?

Options
kcasey155
kcasey155 Posts: 968 Member
Hi, I'm Karen and I've lost over 30lbs so far by walking several times a week and the occasional workout. I enjoy having a target to work to and 100 miles is a nice round number to aim for! I'm in Surrey, England and am a mother of five.

Who are you? Where are you? And what's your target?

Replies

• auntyfred
    auntyfred Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Me I'm Laura and I am in again for June. .
    100 miles again hope to reduce my time.
  • JCLondonUK
    JCLondonUK Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm in for this one

I'm Jane, and I live in London. I'm focused mostly on strength training, but I also try for 10,000 steps on Fitbit each day.

Looking forward to the challenge! :smile:
  • emma180383
    emma180383 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It will be amazing to get to 100 miles in a month. I'm a mum of 2 but like to walk when I get the time. This target will encourage me to get out more often.
  • 35in90
    35in90 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kathy and I live in Dresden. I'd love to join! I've been messing around unsuccessfully with a number of workouts and need to get back to basics. I'll aim for 100!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Michelle and I'm definitely in again!
    I'm almost at my 150 miles for May so I'm totally going to try again in June for 150!
  • vhines57
    vhines57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Count me in again! :)
  • herculzjo
    herculzjo Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm in and hope to keep up. It's a very busy month, but I love to try. Aiming for anything over 100 miles. Good walking to you all.:happy:
  • emzyfish
    emzyfish Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I actually just gave myself a "1,000 miles in 6 months" challenge, so I'll be shooting for around 180 miles in the month of June... but hell yeah, I'm in!
  • londette
    londette Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jennifer and this is my first time doing this challenge. I just started getting serious again about weight loss a month ago. I'm a stay at home mom to six kids and from Washington State. I'm looking forward to see how many miles I can walk this month!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi, from southern Minnesota, USA, I successfully did last month's challenge of 10,000 steps a day for a total of over 310,000steps with two days to spare. I'm trying to hit 100 miles on my pedometer this month. The weather is great and MN has lots of great walking trails.
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in! I actually set a goal to walk 30 miles this month, but I'm rethinking that ;D I could easily do 100 miles! I have 2 dogs that love their walks, and I try to get in as many as I can in a week. My kids will be out of school after Tuesday, so I'm hoping to keep them and the dogs active and happy. I also run 3 times a week. I'm in southeastern Minnesota.
  • Mhgretsch
    Mhgretsch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    200 miles based on my fitbit
  • mlh37214
    mlh37214 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 5th month of challenges!! Striving for 100 miles this month. April has been the only month I've made it so far. Love that this makes me a little more aware of what I'm doing, despite not hitting the goals!! Good luck eveyone, and happy walking!
  • Reddirtblacktopqueen
    Reddirtblacktopqueen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I'm in this month. I walked 116.06 miles in May. I would like to walk more than that this month. I walked 3.01 miles on June 1st and 6.27 miles today.

Happy walking everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

It's great to see so many great goals and I hope you all have been keeping at it!

I walked 124 miles last month and I'm hoping to do around the same this month. I personally only count workout walks where I get my heart rate up and I do a mixture of brisk walking outdoors on a track and I do walking videos at home. I usually get in a short walk (1 or 2 miles) first thing in the morning, a longer walk a couple of hours after dinner (3 - 4 miles) and on the weekend I do one long walk.

I love the way walking makes me feel and what it does for my body. I lost 80 lbs mainly walking and it's helping me to maintain my weight as well.

I will post my miles after this evening's walk.
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am in again. :flowerforyou: