Walden Farms

Options
jkimmer
jkimmer Posts: 369 Member
I have loved the Walden Farms dressings that I find in our grocery store but was wondering about some of the other products they have. I have gone on line to buy some other things but you have to order in quantities of 2 so before I buy something what would you recommend buying? Is the mayonnaise good? How about the BBQ sauce? How are the fruit spreads? What are your favorites and what should I stay away from?

Replies

• GuyIncognito123
    GuyIncognito123 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    The mayo through ideal protein - SUCKS. It's so sweet tasting. I couldn't even use it as a dip.
    You can use Hellman's Mayo - regular has no carbs, diet version has 1 carb per serving.
    You can get Presidents Choice (PC Blue Menu) Ketchup (with sucralose) for a fraction of the price that IP sells their ketchup for.
    Walden Farms BBQ Sauce is pretty runny - but Ideal Protein sells Guys BBQ Sauce which is better.
  • ljlantgen
    ljlantgen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of their dressing so the only thing I have tried besides them is the Jellies when I started phase 3. They are good.
  • jan5500
    jan5500 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The pancake syrup and Barbeque Sauce are great. I don't like any of the others I have tried: salad dressings, peanut butter, may. They all have a nasty taste that I can't get past.
  • jkimmer
    Options
    I haven't seen where IP sells those things...where do you get it? on my order form online doesn't have ketchup
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    For dressings I use the "kraft calorie wise'. (1g of carbs)
    For syrup I used "e.d. smith no sugar added syrup" (7g of carbs)
    For shakes I use Body Fortress from Walmart (3g of carbs)
  • jkimmer
    Options
    I can have Hellmans May???? WHAT??!!!??!! are you serious???!!!? OMG that will make things soooo much better!!
  • jkimmer
    Options
    Jan, when did you start using the syrup and BBQ sauce? what phase were you on?
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    I can have Hellmans May???? WHAT??!!!??!! are you serious???!!!? OMG that will make things soooo much better!!

Here are the numbers (I copied/pasted - not yelling)
    Hellmans Mayo
    CANOLA OIL, WATER, LIQUID WHOLE EGG, VINEGAR, SALT, LIQUID YOLK, SUGAR, SPICES, CONCENTRATED LEMON JUICE AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA.
    1 tbsp (15ml)
    Calories: 100
    Fat: 10g
    Carbs: 0g
    Sodium: 95mg
    Protein: 0.1g

Hellmans 1/2 the Fat Mayo
    WATER, CANOLA OIL, MODIFIED CORN & POTATO STARCH, LIQUID WHOLE EGG, SUGAR, SALT, VINEGAR, CONCENTRATED LEMON JUICE, SORBIC ACID, SPICES, COLOUR, NATURAL FLAVOUR, CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA.
    1 tbsp (15ml)
    Calories: 40
    Fat: 4g
    Carbs: 1g
    Sodium: 135mg
    Protein: 0g

Walden Farms Mayo
    Ingredients: *Purified water, vegetable fiber, sea salt, apple cider vinegar, white vinegar, corn starch, xanthan gum, lactic acid, beta carotene, egg flavor, mustard, lemon juice, food color, sucralose, paprika, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness).
    1 tbsp (15ml)
    Calories: 0
    Fat: 0g
    Carbs: 0g
    Sodium: 105mg
    Protein: 0g

Personally.... when an Ideal Protein "snack" contains 15g of carbs and it's "optional" - why not get mayo that tastes good and sacrifice 1 carb for flavour?
  • jkimmer
    Options
    I agree!! going to ask my health rep tonight at weigh in her opinion as to why or why not use Hellmann's.
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    They probably can't recommend it due to contracts with Walden Farms.

Let me know what they say.
  • jkimmer
    Options
    I'll let you know.
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I bought the Walden Farm mayo and I have to agree that it was way too sweet for a "mayo".

I still want to use it up though, so I mix in some lime juice, dill, salt and pepper and it helps a lot.
    Use this mix for canned tuna or cubed chicken breast.
  • jkimmer
    Options
    She said no use Walden Farms its ZERO everything. I told her yeah but its also more expensive. Anyways guess I will try the Walden Farms. I will only be using it for tartar sauce for my fish .
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    I figured they would.
    Look at my ticker - I didn't ruin a thing using real Mayo.
  • jkimmer
    Options
    Im really impressed in your numbers. How long have you been on IP?
  • healthygirltx
    healthygirltx Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have had mixed reviews with the Walden products. I HATED the Chipotle Ranch, couldn't even eat my salad. Terrible. The thousand island is better and the italian is ok, but I still prefer to just make my own salad dressing with vinegar, olive oil and herbs.

The pancake syrup is ok, but I have not had good results making the IP pancakes, so I only tried the syrup once. I like the caramel sauce in my IP cappucino shake. I have also used the apricot fruit spread in making a stirfy sauce that worked out well. The alfredo sauce is ok if you doctor it up with a lot more garlic and seasonings.

I think that is everything I have tried so far. They are pricey and it's hit or miss with taste.
  • Shenanagins85
    Shenanagins85 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love their chocolate syrup! 2 tbsp of that in with my mocha coffee protein frappe in the morning, taste just like a real mocha frappe at Starbucks! Its awesome!
  • GuyIncognito123
    Options
    I do find it strange that Ideal Protein sells chocolate syrup when dairy products aren't allowed.
    But having said that - it does taste good. Almost walking past the fridge and taking a swig good :laugh:
  • maryamhull
    maryamhull Posts: 13
    Options
    I love their chocolate syrup! 2 tbsp of that in with my mocha coffee protein frappe in the morning, taste just like a real mocha frappe at Starbucks! Its awesome!

Good idea! I will try that!
  • maryamhull
    maryamhull Posts: 13
    Options
    I love the Thousand Island. I'm not normally a fan of it but with WF brand it's my favorite so far. We use the Asian dressing for cooking and my husband can't get enough of it. The Balsamic is good too! I hated the ranch. The Mayo is nasty but we used it in a Bang Bang shrimp recipe and it was good. I was surprised how good the syrup was! I failed on making the pancakes because of adding too much water, less water is better! My coach said people make pancakes with the cereal though and it's not restricted so I'm going to try that, you can google a recipe for it.