Welcome and Introductions (May 31st.)

Options

Replies

• KarenE86
    KarenE86 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to join a few groups and challenges. Motivation and accountability are key for me to stay on track.

SW: 210
    CW: 200
    GW: 140
  • yogi949
    yogi949 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm up for the challenge!
  • ChellD4945
    ChellD4945 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've never been part of a fitness website before but here goes. I have a long way to go but 10 lbs at a time sounds like a great way to start. I look forward to starting this new journey.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    I lost 64 pounds back in 2007. So far after rejoining this site since April I have been doing well. It is always a struggle but I am determined to be at my GW which is 71 pounds away by May 2015
  • morey3ml
    morey3ml Posts: 19
    Options
    Id love to join, I love challenges likes this! Lets do this!
  • antrobin
    antrobin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This looks like the group for me. I am ready for accountability.
  • cj27e
    cj27e Posts: 1
    Options
    In 2012' I lost 27 pounds using MFP, and working out with a personal trainer for four months. I have slowly gained most of it back. I will be 51 at the end of August , and would like to lose 30 by my birthday, and continue losing about 10 lbs per month until the end of the year. I have a four year old daughter and eleven year old son, and really need to become my best healthy self before it is too late.
  • Dana121970
    Dana121970 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, everybody. My name is Dana. I would love to lose 10 lbs by July. I am going to see my brother in NM and my ex-in laws in KS in July and while I certainly won't be skinny by then lol..I would feel better just knowing I was actually on the right health path before leaving for vacation. My CW is about 265 which I guess is also my SW:) My CGW is 252. Starting small with a 5% weight loss and then I will take it from there. I think my UGW will be 135? Maybe? I've never been that small, but I'm only 5'3" so to be out of the obese and overweight ranges I think that is what I will aim for eventually, but for now 10lbs is my focus :) I'm looking to make some friends on this site to help me with this journey and that I can hopefully help in return. I've always tried losing weight on my own and I have never been successful so I am putting myself out there this time and trying to align myself with some like minded friends. Please send me a friend request if you are interested in becoming friends.
  • smh219
    smh219 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My first time in a group like this, nice to meet you all :) I am trying to lose 50-60 lbs. I feel like I have yet to get "serious" about it. I have a caloric goal, macros, etc, but for some reason it is just becoming harder and harder to stay connected to it. I hope that joining this group will make me feel more connected and accountable. Hope to learn more about everyone else's goals and share in their losses too!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! My name is Belinda. I have been here seriously since Sept 13'. My goal is to lose 80lbs. Which I have lost 36lbs so far.
    And it would be so awesome if I could lose 10lbs by July! I have a bad thyroid and old age against me. But I am still plugging along! In March and April I gained 8 lbs BUT in May I lost 8lbs. I found Quest bars! And they are too YUMMY. I have quit them suckers! So I know I can do this! I only weigh my self every 2 weeks. I do not want to obese over the scale! And I would if I weigh myself every week!
  • gillylonglegs
    gillylonglegs Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Count me in too please!! I really need some accountability and motivation to shift some weight. !0llbs by July would make a huge difference. :smile:
  • k_shooshooter
    k_shooshooter Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! I'm Kim and I have about 75 lbs to lose. I'd love to knock out 10 of them by July.
  • Dee9394
    Dee9394 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I joined MFP in 2013 and fell off the wagon because I restricted too much. I knew I was gaining weight, but a pic of me put the bullet in my butt to get back on the right track. I found my way back to MFP at the beginning of this year and so far, so good! Good luck everyone!!!
  • amandainmd
    amandainmd Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I have been a member of MFP for sometime but only participated intermittently. I would really like to lose some of the weight I gained in my first year of grad school and have been pretty dedicated to tracking the last few weeks which has helped get me back to my last "low" weight on MFP. Now I would really like to kick it up a notch during the summer.

As far as exercise, I aim to get cardio at the gym 3-4 times a week for 45 minutes and do 2 sessions of strength training. I also use a fitbit and aim for 10,500 steps a day plus 45 minutes of "vigorous" exercise so that even on the days I don't get the to gym, I still have a goal to move.

My challenge for June will be that I have a ton of travel - a wedding in ME, visiting family in Seattle and a conference in Las Vegas. Having a challenge and a group to be accountable for should help keep me on track. Thank you for starting this!
  • pluckykat
    pluckykat Posts: 80
    Options
    Hi All,

I joined MFP in April of this year and I'm loving it. I did the 10 lbs in April and 10 lbs in May challenges and both times I missed my goal by quite a bit. So I'm jumping in again and glad that all of you are, too. Good luck, everyone! And a big thanks to Carl for keeping this challenge going!

Pluckykat
  • itistobeme
    itistobeme Posts: 12
    Options
    Social support is key in any endeavor like this so I'm glad to join a group with similar goals. I started MFP 2 weeks ago, and have lost nearly 2 pounds. The one pound a week can be excruciating for me. I want faster results like everyone else - however I will be happy if I lose 5 by July 1 knowing that it's more likely to stay off if I go slowly and focus on behaviors instead of numbers.
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Thanks for the group and the challenge, Carl. I am keen to knock out those 10 lbs! I am a walker and not a very disciplined eater, so hope to get some discipline by continuing with MFP. I find the daily food log to be a big help. Lots of water helps too, though I usually forget!

SW/245; CW/232; GW/160. I am M/5'8".

Please feel free to add me if you'd like to have a mutually supportive friend who logs daily.

OK folks, here's to you! 10 lbs in 30 days! We got this!
  • AKMonahan
    AKMonahan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey All! I live on Vancouver Island in Canada. After 6 years trying to get pregnant, including two IVF cycles I decided to get that weight off once and for all!!! It's the first time I've ever had to actively try to loose weight, and I was beside myself about it! I put on about 25 lbs over the 6 years, and am so proud to say that I've already lost about 15 of it, but still have the last 10!! Just in the last three weeks I've gotten serious with MFP again (and lost about 8 of the pounds already gone in that time). This time around I am using weekly meal prep, which has made ALL the difference!!

I definitely plan on having the last 10lbs gone by July!! This group is just the spot for me!! Feel free to friend add me!! :)
  • AKMonahan
    AKMonahan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PS - How do I get my ticker in my posts?? I updated it, and have all the info in it. I know the code, but can't find where to click to have it auto-inlcuded in my forum posts.
  • Fit4Cruising
    Fit4Cruising Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Barbra, I'm in, and I'm motivated!!! Good luck everyone!
This discussion has been closed.