5 Ingredient Healthy Dishes

Options
MelissaBoquet
MelissaBoquet Posts: 18 Member
I work full time, attend classes at the university, and attempt to spend quality time with my husband and little boy. There are a whole lot of days that I am exhausted so I love the 5 ingredient or less healthy recipes. One of my favorite recipes would be the easy beef stew I make. 1lb extra lean ground beef, box of fat free beef broth, 3 cans of mixed veggies. Sometimes I add rotel and I play with the recipe depending on what veggies I have in my cabinet or feel like eating but it is super easy and I love it. I normally count around 150 cals for a cup. What is your favorite 5 ingredient recipe?

Replies

• Denise1224
    Denise1224 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How about a slow cooker 2 ingredient dish? Boneless skinless breasts (4-6) jar of salsa (any flavor you like mild med or hot) - spray the bottom of your crock pot to coat the dish lay chicken down across the bottom of the crockpot pour salsa on top cook 6-8 hr on low; when it's done use 2 forks to pull the chicken apart mix together with the salsa / juices service in tortillas on top of a salad or any way you'd like "taco chicken" :) Enjoy!
  • MelissaBoquet
    Options
    That sounds super yummy!! I will definitely try this one. I sometimes do the crockpot chicken with fat free cream of chicken and then make brown rice on the side. This recipe is similar so I know I would love it. :heart:
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My F-I-L found out he was diabetic about 5 months ago & I found out I was about 1 1/2 months ago.
    I love most Orange things...especially creamsicle flavors so when I found this I was super excited and my M-I-L who can be somewhat picky asked for the recipe a few days ago after we made it for Mothers Day!
    I changed mine up a little.
    I used part water & part juice from the oranges after straining them (to get more "orange" flavor).
    I left out a few of my orange segments (for garnish on top) and crushed the rest that were going in because I personally didn't want to be eating big chunks!
    We did ours in a bowl (doubled our recipe) but what we realized when we went to eat it (the next day), is that when we would go to scoop out a serving that we were getting mostly cool whip and hardly any of the jello.
    Next time we make it, we will use something shallow so that everyone can get the taste of the whole dessert!
    We came home with a little bit & I thought it tasted even better the next day :happy:
    My M-I-L had been making my F-I-L this lemon jello with pineapple dessert but hadnt made it for him since finding out he's diabetic.
    For Fathers day I'm going to make this dessert swapping out the orange jello for lemon and mandarin oranges for the pineapple, since he really enjoyed the Mothers Day dessert and has been missing his old dessert!
    Let me know how you changed this up to give it your personal touch!

1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
    1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
    1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
    1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip

1 Dissolve the gelatin in 1 C boiling water.

2 Add 1 C cold water and let set up for 5 minutes.

3 Using an electric mixer, beat dry pudding mix into the jello until well blended. May have to set up for 5 minutes in refrigerator.

4 Fold in mandarin oranges and cool whip.

5 Chill either in a bowl or in individual mousse dishes.

Serving Size: 1 (39 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Calories 34.2

Calories from Fat 1

72%

Total Fat 0.1 g

0%

Saturated Fat 0.0 g

0%

Cholesterol 0.0 mg

0%

Sodium 19.5 mg
    0%

Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g

3%

Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
    4%

Sugars 6.0 g
    24%

Protein 0.7 g

1%

The following items or measurements are not included:
    sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
    fat-free cool whip

http://dessert.food.com/recipe/orange-dreamsicle-mousse-121265?ic1=obnetwork&oc=linkback
  • MelissaBoquet
    Options
    I will definitely try this one!!
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    1 more thing...I used Lite (Syrup) Mandarin Oranges....it didn't say 1 way or another but since the rest was low cal, I presumed the fruit should be too :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    1 egg, 2 whites, 1 roma tomato, one slice bacon. Two tablespoons salsa. one teaspoon smart balance butter for cooking.

Hight protein recipe.
  • back2happy2005
    back2happy2005 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump for the Jello - I have to try this
  • mrshippy69
    Options
    i'm not a fan of whipped cream (yeah, I know that is strange), so I'm thinking to substitute the Cool Whip with plain yoghurt. Any thoughts on that as an option?

Sheila
  • happygirl556
    happygirl556 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Bump thanks
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    If you click on that link, you will see many other options for (low cal) desserts!
    That's just 1 that we tried and it was sooo good....you would never know it was sugar free!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    My F-I-L found out he was diabetic about 5 months ago & I found out I was about 1 1/2 months ago.
    I love most Orange things...especially creamsicle flavors so when I found this I was super excited and my M-I-L who can be somewhat picky asked for the recipe a few days ago after we made it for Mothers Day!
    I changed mine up a little.
    I used part water & part juice from the oranges after straining them (to get more "orange" flavor).
    I left out a few of my orange segments (for garnish on top) and crushed the rest that were going in because I personally didn't want to be eating big chunks!
    We did ours in a bowl (doubled our recipe) but what we realized when we went to eat it (the next day), is that when we would go to scoop out a serving that we were getting mostly cool whip and hardly any of the jello.
    Next time we make it, we will use something shallow so that everyone can get the taste of the whole dessert!
    We came home with a little bit & I thought it tasted even better the next day :happy:
    My M-I-L had been making my F-I-L this lemon jello with pineapple dessert but hadnt made it for him since finding out he's diabetic.
    For Fathers day I'm going to make this dessert swapping out the orange jello for lemon and mandarin oranges for the pineapple, since he really enjoyed the Mothers Day dessert and has been missing his old dessert!
    Let me know how you changed this up to give it your personal touch!

1 (1/3 ounce) box sugar-free orange gelatin
    1 (1 ounce) box sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
    1 (8 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
    1 (8 ounce) container fat-free cool whip

1 Dissolve the gelatin in 1 C boiling water.

2 Add 1 C cold water and let set up for 5 minutes.

3 Using an electric mixer, beat dry pudding mix into the jello until well blended. May have to set up for 5 minutes in refrigerator.

4 Fold in mandarin oranges and cool whip.

5 Chill either in a bowl or in individual mousse dishes.

Serving Size: 1 (39 g)

Servings Per Recipe: 4

Amount Per Serving

% Daily Value

Calories 34.2

Calories from Fat 1

72%

Total Fat 0.1 g

0%

Saturated Fat 0.0 g

0%

Cholesterol 0.0 mg

0%

Sodium 19.5 mg
    0%

Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g

3%

Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
    4%

Sugars 6.0 g
    24%

Protein 0.7 g

1%

The following items or measurements are not included:
    sugar-free instant white chocolate pudding mix
    fat-free cool whip

http://dessert.food.com/recipe/orange-dreamsicle-mousse-121265?ic1=obnetwork&oc=linkback

I make something similar to this but instead of the white chocolate pudding i put in cottage cheese and don't dissolve the jello in water. Just mix all ingredients together. It's very good. You can try with different fruits and different jellos.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Yeah...that's true!
    When I made my FIL's favorite jello/pineapple that my MIL used to make I just changed out all the orange ingredients and did sugar free lemon jello and pineapple in light or natural juice...he loved it!
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I also have a similar recipe but I just tapioca pudding ( the cooking kind.)
  • megan116xo
    megan116xo Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Cool Whiip is nice and light and the greek yogurt may make it heavier.