June 2014 Challenge!!

Options
LuluNH
LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
As requested, here is a new challenge for June!! Everyone is welcome to join!! Still trying to get closer to my goal of 160!! This plateau has been a great lesson on weight maintenance...I still have to eat less and move more!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!'

Replies

• christineellis
    christineellis Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I am here and ready! I only lost .5 lb in May. Will post starting weight and goals tomorrow!
  • wwmoab
    wwmoab Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just joined, so not sure how this group works. I'm on day 5 of induction. Loving the lack of cravings, but already a bit bored. I've lost 8 lbs already, which is crazy but I was 5 over my normal set point and I figure most of that was water weight.

I'd love to know if people stayed in induction longer to keep seeing results or not.
  • melodymedlin
    melodymedlin Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in my goal is to loose 5lbs before 25th of June. We have a vacation coming up in which we have about 4miles of walking!
  • Tigredia
    Tigredia Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to start losing more weight. I am starting induction again tomorrow. The last month I was eating more carbs, but low carbs and low calories. I still seem to lose more on 20 carbs or less. I started in January and have lost 40 pounds. I want to lose 10 pounds this month.
  • djthom2
    djthom2 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I need to do something! I keep slipping up every couple of weeks and gaining it back. Starting to get real discouraged.
  • ckidsfun
    ckidsfun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm ready. I am on day 6 of induction and I have lost 6 lbs so far. My goal is to stay on induction for the month and I am hoping to lose another 10-15 lbs. I found that I have a harder time staying on track on the weekend. I keep wandering into the kitchen even though I am not hungry. I feel like I should be hungry.
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I need to get serious myself. I know Atkins/low carb works best for me and it reduces cravings. I want to get this weight off too! :)
  • christineellis
    Options
    I would like to lose 5 lbs this month. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I have been up and down 2 lbs for the entire month of May. I need to not get off plan on the weekends. Yesterday was my husband's birthday and I had my homemade peach/rhubarb cobbler and homemade icecream - that will last me for a while!!!

Starting weight this month: 147
    Goal weight this month: 142

Good luck everyone!
  • mooie70
    mooie70 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the challenge?
    As requested, here is a new challenge for June!! Everyone is welcome to join!! Still trying to get closer to my goal of 160!! This plateau has been a great lesson on weight maintenance...I still have to eat less and move more!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!'
  • djthom2
    Options
    Starting weight June: 173.4
    Goal for end of June: 165

I would really love to hit 160 by the end of June, but that's probably not realistic. I have a birthday party this weekend and fathers day next weekend plus a retirement party, so losing even 8 lbs may be tough.
  • LuluNH
    LuluNH Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Mooie70 - My own personal challenge is to move closer to goal so any thing under my current weight of 169!! I've been plateaued for 8 weeks after 18 months. Set you own personal goal...this basically is an accountability thread and can be what ever you want it to be!! Best wishes for an on-plan day!!

Just checking in...at a team meeting this week...and I am the only one still on a weight loss/exercise plan from last year.....it's hard to face the reality of weight loss and maintenance...I'm trying so hard to be successful and I think tracking my intake everyday in myfitnesspal is helping me focus.
  • wwmoab
    Options
    Wow, you have come so far! I am starting right where you started, and your progress gives me real hope. I didn't fully understand the challenge thread, thanks for explaining it.
  • wwmoab
    Options
    My above comment was meant to be a reply to LuLuNH.

I'm on day 8 of induction, my first time doing Atkins. I've lost 10 lbs, which I am really happy about, especially as i haven't struggled much yet or been hungry.
    Today was my first day without a loss though, and I'm bummed. Realistically, I knew I couldn't expect to keep losing a lb a day---but I guess I was hoping to!
    I'm at 225, and want to get to 219 by the end of June. Well, I really want to wake up and be at 170 tomorrow, but I'll settle for just sticking with induction for the month and getting to a weight I haven't seen since 2010.
  • Villaine
    Villaine Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    would like to see a 6 lb loss this month!
  • clare_smiles
    clare_smiles Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I hope to check in often. I'm going to need support. Please friend me (and let me know where you found me) if you want an extra one... :) I try to write on my wall often.

I have done low carb under 50 net, in the past and it works for me. But the last 6 months or so I have been "cheating" and not really always doing low carb. You might know, that if you stop low carb, that weight comes on fast. At least it does for me!

I'm getting married in August so I'm trying to really concentrate hard on my eating and exercising. It finally hit me yesterday that I have 6 weeks until alterations! (11 weeks to the wedding). My goal is no double chin in my pictures!
    Last weekend I just ate so many carbs. :( So my starting weight this AM (I forgot to weigh yesterday) is:
    I would be estatic to lose 7 lbs in induction. I haven't ever done induction so I need accountablity!
  • arlo1028
    arlo1028 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've just joined the group :smile: I've completed one week of induction so far. Started on May 27th at 161 lbs. Current weight is 155 lbs. A loss of 6 lbs total. which is great. My goal weight by the 13th of June is 150 lbs. But I wouldn't mind if it's less :laugh:
  • sunseeker100
    sunseeker100 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    hi everyone! I think I need to do this :) I'm starting again (well every morning I start again) so my goal this month is to do induction fully for the whole month. I've gained all my loss back (20 lbs) in about 6 weeks...can you imagine how much I've eaten?!? and we've just booked a 5 day holiday to Paris 6th July, so I really can't go away looking and feeling like this...plus with all the temptations Paris has to offer if I don't get some weight off before I go, I might not be able to get back in my front door when I get back :sad:
    Put it this way, I've found out the hard way that I'm definitely carb sensitive :angry:
  • christineellis
    Options
    I have gotten down to 145.5 again today. That is the 3rd time in over a month, so now the goal is to break through!!! It always happens late in the week and then I can't break through over a weekend. We are out of town again this weekend - ugh! I really want to take a couple of more pounds off before my back to back business trips June 16th and 22nd. Help me do this!
  • AngelaR1
    AngelaR1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Almost finished my 2 weeks of induction. I was 175 starting and am now 166. My goal weight is 150 and then go from there. I would love to lose 10 pounds in June.
  • djthom2
    Options
    I have gotten down to 145.5 again today. That is the 3rd time in over a month, so now the goal is to break through!!! It always happens late in the week and then I can't break through over a weekend. We are out of town again this weekend - ugh! I really want to take a couple of more pounds off before my back to back business trips June 16th and 22nd. Help me do this!
    I know the feeling! I'm down 4lbs. Since Monday and i have a birthday party on Saturday so guaranteed I'll be back up by Monday. Every weekend I seem to get thrown off.