Recipes with liver

Options
joybedford
joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
Hi I have bought some lambs liver today and have no idea what to do with it. I like liver but have never cooked it. I will be calling my mum for advice as well. My idea is to fry it with onions and bacon and add some kale. Any other ideas. How long does it take to cook. I like the idea it is so cheap and nutritious too.

Replies

• kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Sorry - bacon and onions is the only way I've ever had liver. Hopefully you can find something different to do with it.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Sorry - bacon and onions is the only way I've ever had liver. Hopefully you can find something different to do with it.

Me too... I know people that cut it into tiny bits and then freeze it and pop it like a pill. I haven't worked up the cajones to try that.
    You could grind it up and add to regular meatballs, if you're not a fan of the texture.

My dad used to just fry it in a cast iron skillet with onions and it was great.
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I love liver I just fried it with onions bacon and served with kale. It was amazing. Might be breakfast tomorrow my husband will love that.
  • treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mix it with spices (garlic, chilli, cumin corinader, paprika for example) and some oil. Fry it up with peppers, onions, maybe chorizo and have on top of the kale. Sriracha and maybe coriander on top!
  • AmyMS86
    AmyMS86 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    If it's not chicken livers, I grind it up and add it in with ground beef. For chicken, I like to make a version of Julia Child's mousse. It's delicious with apples.