Newbie post - Extra calories for breastfeeding?

Options
Hi everyone I gave birth to my second baby almost 5 weeks ago not officially started to lose weight yet but I'm exclusively breastfeeding and wondering about extra calories as been told you should have 500 more but there doesn't seem to be a way to add to settings that your breastfeeding? Does anyone else know if there is a way to do this? Also can you still lose weight whilst breastfeeding? xx

Replies

• toothpastechica
    toothpastechica Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I edited my "goals" so that my calorie goal is 2000 (instead of 1600 which MFP gave me). Some people log breastfeeding as an "activity" but yes if you are eating healthy and exercising you can still lose weight...just make sure not to cut down your calories too much.
  • sianywest23
    Options
    I'll try that then thanks for the advice x
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I found that there is a setting in foods for breastfeeding it adds negative calories.
  • aliOop18
    aliOop18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you know where I can find this? I've tried looking and haven't been able to find it anywhere.
  • kathym617
    kathym617 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's actually a setting - I think you have to search foods and add it as a food (I add it as a snack). This is annoying to have to do daily, though at least it ends up in your recent foods list. I wish there were a setting.

Kathy, mom of 3 (5.5, 4, 4m)
  • sammanthahulkoff
    sammanthahulkoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing about how to go about adding breastfeeding to the list....cause thats -500 calories going unaccounted for on here