Refrigerator Oatmeal?

Options
emy_r
emy_r Posts: 213 Member
Was just reading about refrigerator oatmeal on the main forum. Has anybody tried this? I don't know the rules about posting links but somebody on the main forum posted this link for it: http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal. Sounds interesting. I can't eat this now on c1 of the 17 day diet, but thinking I might try it later. Would love to hear what others think!

Replies

• summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Sounds like you get to be the guinea pig Emy … let us know!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Well, I will have to wait a couple of weeks but I will definitely try it. I have never been an oatmeal fan, but made a baked oatmeal last week that I enjoyed. I'm always looking for things to make ahead for my breakfasts for the week, and it sounds like a yummy way to get in my yogurt! I will report back after trying it.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    This does look interesting. I think it would be great for my kids who get up early for work and often dont eat breakfast or just grab a small yogurt. They both like oatmeal. I might have to try one of them, I think they'd like the apple/cinnamon one. If I try it I will let you know !
  • emy_r
    Options
    This does look interesting. I think it would be great for my kids who get up early for work and often dont eat breakfast or just grab a small yogurt. They both like oatmeal. I might have to try one of them, I think they'd like the apple/cinnamon one. If I try it I will let you know !

Please do! I'm thinking I would like the apple cinnamon too.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The recipe's sound delicious. I like the idea I can bring them to work for lunch! She adds chia seeds to her base recipe - I'm currently using chia seeds in my morning berry smoothie. Along with many other benefits, chia seeds are supposed to help eliminate belly fat - who can argue with that? I can tell you chia seeds do thicken up a smoothie. I like my smoothies not so thick - I cannot let it sit too long. I think adding chia seeds to oatmeal would be perfect. I found mine at Sam's Club.
  • emy_r
    Options
    The recipe's sound delicious. I like the idea I can bring them to work for lunch! She adds chia seeds to her base recipe - I'm currently using chia seeds in my morning berry smoothie. Along with many other benefits, chia seeds are supposed to help eliminate belly fat - who can argue with that? I can tell you chia seeds do thicken up a smoothie. I like my smoothies not so thick - I cannot let it sit too long. I think adding chia seeds to oatmeal would be perfect. I found mine at Sam's Club.

I bought some chia seeds myself a few weeks ago. Haven't really gotten into the habit of using them consistently yet. As soon as I can have oatmeal again, I'm definitely going to try it! Since I can't leave work once I get there, I'm always looking for portable meal ideas so that I have enough healthy options for my 10 hour work day. My work day starts at 6:00 am and I just can't get up early enough to make and eat breakfast at home, so I have to carry breakfast, lunch, and healthy snacks with me.
  • stephnerR
    stephnerR Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I found the reusable plastic Ball lids at Target for $3.32. (Much better than the Amazon price of $8.59.)

I hope to try putting one of these together tonight!
  • harmonmt
    harmonmt Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I definitely want to try this recipe too. It looks like a good breakfast alternative for summertime instead of hot cereal!
  • emy_r
    Options
    I found the reusable plastic Ball lids at Target for $3.32. (Much better than the Amazon price of $8.59.)

I hope to try putting one of these together tonight!

I will be checking out Target then. Hopefully my local one will have them. Thanks for sharing!