Getting Started Today and an Idea

Options
KDesiP
KDesiP Posts: 37 Member
So I figured this up and 100 miles in June is only 3.3 miles each day! How simple is that?!?

I think we should all download the same app that allows friends to see each other's runs/walks so that we can have the extra accountability towards meeting our goals. I vote for Nike+ Running because it's free and you don't have to pay extra to be able to add your friends and keep up with each other and I like it already. :bigsmile: What do you think?? That's just the I have and know how to use, so if ya'll have a favorite, I'm open to ideas! :happy:

Replies

• KDesiP
    Options
    Or maybe "MapmyFitness" because it syncs to MyFitnessPal... I haven't used this one, though... What do you think?
  • cmfisher84
    cmfisher84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I use endomondo
  • KDesiP
    Options
    I haven't even heard of that. :huh: I'll have to look it up.
  • setaylor86080
    setaylor86080 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i use runtastic because it links up to MFP. I am up to using whatever though. Can you add friends on the app on your phone for the rest of them?
  • KDesiP
    Options
    The adding friends thing is why I suggested the Nike+ Running app- because you can set up a challenge for a group of friends and it will keep track of the entire group of people, you get updates of when your friends are running and when someone's beat your distance. It's good motivation for me, seeing people passing me by. :noway:

I don't know about MapmyFitness, I just saw it on the 'Featured Apps" page and thought it looked interesting. I've not used edomondo, so I don't know if you can on there or not.
  • ssl0905
    ssl0905 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm for the nike app, I like that you can add friends ;)
  • KDesiP
    Options
    If you guys like the Nike app, you can add me. My username is KDesiP6. I can create the challenge for us, if you want.
  • ssl0905
    Options
    I downloaded the nike app, I just need to figure out my password :)
  • ssl0905
    Options
    YAY!! got my Nike app going, I like it!!
  • setaylor86080
    Options
    ok I am going to DL it now. Yes create the challenge for us!!
  • setaylor86080
    Options
    ok my name on nike is setaylor86080 just like on here!
  • ssl0905
    Options
    I requested you...my screen name on nike is also ssl0905
  • KDesiP
    Options
    Sweet! I'll get the challenge up! ;-)
  • eworcr
    eworcr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join the challenge too. My name on Nike is eworcr, just like here.
  • RoxyDisaster
    RoxyDisaster Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i just joined but my phone is being stupid .... My name is Roxydisaster ... same as on here.
  • ssl0905
    Options
    I sent you a friend request on nike running Roxydisaster :)