Quest bars - where do you get yours?

Options
gmallan
gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
Hi, I've recently just discovered quest bars and wondering where the cheapest place you've found them online that will ship to Australia. Cheers

Replies

• retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    iherb.com

Shipping via DHL takes 3-4 days, and there are discounts for your first order, for spending more than a certain amount etc. Shipping on 4 or 5 boxes is really cheap, something like US$8. Also great prices for vitamins and other supplements etc.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    what is a quest bar and why do I want one?
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I just get mine at GNC. Buy 4 and get one free. So $3.80 each.
  • retrobyte
    Options
    GNC is still expensive compared to iherb. For example, if you buy 3 boxes at iherb, including shipping, and after the discount you get for your first order, those 36 bars will cost under $2 each.

And if you'd like a further discount, you can use my discount code .... SMS883
  • retrobyte
    Options

20 grams of protein, 2 sugar and less than 200 total calories per bar. The double choc chunk flavour is my favourite.
  • gmallan
    Options

20 grams of protein, 2 sugar and less than 200 total calories per bar. The double choc chunk flavour is my favourite.

I like most of the ones with chunks (although I haven't tried all of them yet). Cookies and cream, cookie dough choc chip, double choc chunk and raspberry and whit choc are my hands down favs.

I can get them locally for $3.50 per single bar but think I'll get some off iherb. Had a look and the ones I want are out of stock until next week though :(
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Used to get them from Iherb.

I've now moved onto these. https://www.facebook.com/ProtonBars Local, great indredients and taste more like fudge than a "bar".
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Used to get them from Iherb.

I've now moved onto these. https://www.facebook.com/ProtonBars Local, great indredients and taste more like fudge than a "bar".

wow they look good but $5 each and $15 for postage, ouch! what is the best flavour?
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    in b4 "PB of course"!!!!
    :laugh:
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    in b4 "PB of course"!!!!
    :laugh:

You know this could be the first time ever but I really like the berry ones then PB :smile: Not a fan of the choc mint (but I'm not in general anyway). That's all I've tried.

Yeah, more pricey than others but also uses good quality ingredients which are typically a bit more expensive. And it's sort of a good thing for me as if they are too cheap I end up eating them all too quickly anyway :laugh:
  • smithker75
    smithker75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    For southside Brisbane folk, they are available at the Chemist next to Coles Express at Mt Gravatt (Logan Rd). Individually $3.95 or mix and match 12 (or buy a box) for $35.00 (2.90 each).
  • gmallan
    Options
    I actually just ordered some from http://www.questproteinbar.com/protein-bars.html

$25 for a box of 12 at the moment and $14.95 shipping to Australia (all USD)

I got 4 boxes and they threw in a free bar, so 49 total for about $129 AUD ($2.63/bar)

Much better than the $3.50 per bar locally
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about trying some but worried I won't like them as I'm very picky. Any tips as to what they taste similar to?
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Apparently quest bars taste like space food bars, which I imagine would be fudgey but in a sort of rubbery kind of way. I can't imagine buying 30 protein bars... They are filling and keep you energized while active, so I guess I would go for that if I actually went to the gym...lol
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    iherb for sure. cheap postage and arrives within 5 days. I order a few boxes at a time, if you spend over $60 you get a5% discount so you can ususally offset most of the postage.

Yeah they're sort of like space food sticks, chewy texture. I love the peanut butter supreme, choc peanut butter and Cookies & Cream the most. I didn't like the choc chip cookie dough at all.

There are a few places like ASN, Nutrition Station etc that sell them in Aust. Maybe grab a few from there first to try then order boxes from iherb if you like them.
  • retrobyte
    Options
    The double chocolate chunk flavour is newer and has a completely different texture to the chewy flavours. The texture is more crumbly, closer to a cookie.
  • retrobyte
    Options
    I can't imagine buying 30 protein bars... They are filling and keep you energized while active, so I guess I would go for that if I actually went to the gym...lol

Actually, the real benefit of *good* protein bars is the fact you can get 20gm of protein in one easy hit with minimal carbs or sugar. Far more convenient than grilling some chicken or opening a tin of tuna as a quick snack. And, it's a healthy sweet treat that substitutes really well psychologically for people who are dieting and missing their chocolates or bikkies :-)
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm not a fan of the double choc chunk either. I find their choc pieces are compressed cocoa, very crumbling and powdery.

I have them as an afternoon snack, before the gym or even as breakfast if I'm on the run. very handy to have one in your bag if you're out for coffee to avoid having a cake/muffin etc.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buying them because I would eat 4. If I need a protein hit I usually have a shake, which works better for me. Anyway, I got the sample box from iherb, which has 12 different flavours and you get to find the one you like.

Strangely enough, although I don't eat peanut butter, I did like the peanut butter ones!