Empty calories

Options
Hi Guys :)

So I'm sticking to my 1400 calories a day and I'm eating a lot better not (measuring and weighing portions) literally scanning everything I eat! Ive only lost 1lb in 4 days and feeling slightly disheartened. |I know weight loss wont happen over night and my brother in law tells me I'm eating too many empty calories.... can any one give me advise as to what empty calories consist of?

feel free to add me :)

thanks guys

Replies

• Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I would say junk food...or foods high in fat or sugar with little nutritional value.... 1 pound in 4 days is good by the way...it takes me like 2 weeks to lose 1 pound
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend and you'll have to open your diary so I can take a look.
    I'm no expert, but perhaps I can help you tweak things, if - you are indeed - eating empty calories.

Thanks for joining the group!!
  • Suzy81123
    Suzy81123 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did a search for the definition of empty calories so that way it may help you - Empty calories – calories from solid fats and/or added sugars. Solid fats and added sugars add calories to the food but few or no nutrients.

So I'd have to say examples would be soda, frozen coffee drinks, energy drinks, cookies, cakes, pastries, ice cream, etc...

Hope this helps!
  • laura1248
    laura1248 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi thanks for your reply, I suppose i was a little down heartened because when you think of weight loss you expect to see changes straight away dont you lol Ive learned to wait and keep going now and ive lost 3lbs so far :)
  • laura1248
    laura1248 Posts: 4
    Options
    I did a search for the definition of empty calories so that way it may help you - Empty calories – calories from solid fats and/or added sugars. Solid fats and added sugars add calories to the food but few or no nutrients.

So I'd have to say examples would be soda, frozen coffee drinks, energy drinks, cookies, cakes, pastries, ice cream, etc...

Hope this helps!

Just all the yummy things then? lol thank you for your help guys honestly you have all been amazing