Day 1 Fail and Success

Options
kateos1980
kateos1980 Posts: 11 Member
After the birth of my daughter 6 years ago I successfully lost my baby weight plus 20lb with weight watchers. Now +3 years after the birth of my son, I am still struggling to begin losing that weight gain. Last night I found the OA website. After much reading I have learned that I am a compulsive and binge eater. I take medication to help with anxiety and depression, of which the latter has been more difficult to control over the last 2 years.

Today I began my journey to a healthier food relationship. My Fail? I binged. My success? I logged it. 1000 calories over my (very reasonable) 1500 cal daily allowance. The excess was painful to see, but I am glad I logged it. And I'm going to do it again tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Replies

• blackthrux
    blackthrux Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi kateos1980, welcome to the forum here!

As a fairly new OA'er myself, I remember thinking that I had finally found "my people" when I found OA. If you believe that you are a compulsive over eater or are binge eating, I encourage you to find any local meetings and start attending. When I found the meeting that works for me, it really felt like I had found my home! If there are not meetings available locally, there are podcasts available to listen to, as well as phone meetings. If I remember correctly, links to the podcasts were posted in the forum within the last month or so. If you can't find them and would like links, just ask, and someone will be able to post them for you again.

Keep coming back to post your successes and your struggles, and to just know that you are not alone.

Today is a new day, and a new chance to treat yourself right. You can do this, one day at a time.
  • kateos1980
    kateos1980 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks Blackthrux!

There are some meetings here in town, I am just going to have to re-arrange my schedule to get to the Thursday one. Good thing I do the scheduling at work!! I was trying to figure out how to join an online meeting the other night, but it was late, and I was tired, and I'm not always the most computer literate. I will try again next week maybe. I'm focusing right now on navigating around this place and tracking my intake. Got my water bottle with me (on my second filling) and I'm ready to face the day.

I have a doctor appt shortly for a different issue, and am planning on talking to her about visiting the dietician (sp?).

Have a great da:smile: y!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Welcome to OA, kateos1980,
    Here is the link for the podcasts if you need to tune into a meeting. It seems that every meeting that I tune in to is relatable to my own personal experience, and I hope that you find that too:

http://www.oalaig.org/speakers-podcasts/the-laig-virtual-speakers-bureau.html

Have a great, abstinent day!