Alcohol Removed Wine

Hello my fellow Pregnant MFPers!

I just thought I'd share this with you! Today I found a website for a company called "Fre", which produces "alcohol removed wine." I almost jumped out of my chair when I saw this, and I think the baby sensed my excitement because I started feeling kicks as soon as I read the description for the Chardonnay. Have any of you tried this? My husband,is suspicious that it might just be grape juice bottles nicely, but the descriptions sound pretty close to wine for me. I'm not a huge drinker, but it will be nice to have something like this with summer and bbq season approaching :)

http://www.frewines.com/

Replies

• usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Haha, I don't know about alcohol removed wine but my hubby just picked up some margarita mix and tequila for after I have my little one.
  • SSAHM
    SSAHM Posts: 172 Member
    I remember you used to be able to get alcohol free wine from supermarkets I think. I remember our grandmother used to buy it for us little bit older kids to drink with Xmas lunch so we felt grown up and special lol.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Have you considered a spritzer? I drank those while I was trying to get pregnant....wine mixed w/seltzer water. Made me feel like I was part of the party with a low alcohol content. (Admittedly, though, once I was pregnant I enjoyed either a glass of wine or a pint of beer most weeks.)
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    I have not heard of that brand but have heard of alcohol removed wine plenty of times - never tried it though.
  • JennypegMarie
    JennypegMarie Posts: 133 Member
    I have tried it and its delicious. all of their free range is!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    I have had alcohol removed wine, though I can't remember the brand. I thought it was great! It did taste like wine and not juice.

:drinker:
  • mrsomeara
    mrsomeara Posts: 67 Member
    I have tried the red blend and it was good! It was only $5 at Fred Meyer (aka Kroger). :wink:
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    I can't wait to try it!
  • sunflower92630
    sunflower92630 Posts: 76 Member
    Oh I am sooogoing to look into this! The one thing Ive really missed is a nice glass of red wine every once in awhile after an especially long day at work!:love:
  • melaniedsm
    melaniedsm Posts: 55
    These are amazing. They taste just like wine. I have had about every kind and love them. Brut taste just like Moscato. The alcohol isn't completly removed, so you can't have like 10. The pharmacist said that a whole bottle has the alcohol content of about 1/4 of a normal glass of wine. You can actually buy them at Hy-vee for anyone in the midwest.
  • futurestarz
    futurestarz Posts: 510
    I finished my first bottle of Red Blend last night (it took 3 days) and was very happy. The chardonnay is waiting for me in my fridge! Can't wait to enjoy a glass while assembling the baby's dresser/changing table tonight. I'm going to need it I think!
  • oreoelle
    oreoelle Posts: 17 Member
    I think this may be the best thing I've heard all day.